• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

St. Louis 2-1 / Panthers 0-2

HPPantherzfan

But I give...god forbid anyone happen to like more than one player and be excited about someone not named Matt Moore

Yes the reason people hate these threads is because they're Moore worshipers and not because we have fifty of them every day with the same arguments and the same dipshits chiming in with the same opinions about how much better Clausen has looked than Moore.

Yes the reason people hate these threads is because they're Moore worshipers and not because we have fifty of them every day with the same arguments and the same dipshits chiming in with the same opinions about how much better Clausen has looked than Moore.

Yet you are compelled to read them and chime in? Interesting to say the least!

Yet you are compelled to read them and chime in? Interesting to say the least!

It's the "hurf durf I'm going to turn the fact that you were reading the thread in the first place against you" internet tactic to deflect attention away from the fact that you made a shitty, useless repeat thread.

Go post in one of the other 600 Clausen threads on the first page instead of making a new one unless you have something amazingly original to say (you don't).

It's the "hurf durf I'm going to turn the fact that you were reading the thread in the first place against you" internet tactic to deflect attention away from the fact that you made a shitty, useless repeat thread.

If you find it useless, stop reading it...no one has a gun to your head :eek:

Glad you are happy with the way our Offense has looked so far! And I'm the retarted one?

Thanks for adding to this thread!

what's the point of starting jc now? the offense isn't going to click if they don't even know who's calling the shots. wait until the regular season before you start chanting "jimmy". and just as countless others have said......lets see what moore has first.

At this point Clausen even admits he isn't 100% healthy and might not be for the whole year. Playing him at all is a risk. Starting him for anything is just plain stupid.

The best thing to insure this isn't a lingering injury is to rest him and give him time to fully recover.

This thread is stupid, especially because Sam Bradford will have a horrible year with the Rams and will be lucky not to reinjure that glass shoulder. But the only reason not to start Jimmy Clausen is if the starting quarterback is playing well which everyone keeps saying will happen once the season starts.

There may be a reason Moore wasn't getting those looks

I know you didn't say this with a straight face, couldn't have! You know the times Clausen has made something out of nothing while Matt takes the sack? Clausen has looked much more comfortable in the pocket, and scrambling for that matter, than Matt has so far!

And you don't think its mentally taxing on them right now with the way they are sucking it up on the field?

But I give...god forbid anyone happen to like more than one player and be excited about someone not named Matt Moore

Moore wasn't getting consideration b/c Jake was coming off a 12-4 season with an impressive career resume. Jake also got paid a ton of money heading into that season. Come on now....

Clausen is more mobile. I have more faith in Moore staying in the pocket making his throws this season.

Inserting Clausen into the starting lineup doesn't change anything. It puts a less experienced QB in who per all reports doesn't look anywhere near as good as Moore. If Clausen somehow who knows who to make the OL stop the blitzes and 3-4 looks they didn't prepare for and knows who to make scrub WRs get open or catch I would love to hear it.

Moore wasn't getting consideration b/c Jake was coming off a 12-4 season with an impressive career resume. Jake also got paid a ton of money heading into that season. Come on now....

Clausen is more mobile. I have more faith in Moore staying in the pocket making his throws this season.

Inserting Clausen into the starting lineup doesn't change anything. It puts a less experienced QB in who per all reports doesn't look anywhere near as good as Moore. If Clausen somehow who knows who to make the OL stop the blitzes and 3-4 looks they didn't prepare for and knows who to make scrub WRs get open or catch I would love to hear it.

Again, it's fair to have a view but don't distort the facts. The hometown newspaper has said after both games that Clausen has looked better than Moore. You obviously don't have to agree with that but facts are facts.

Again, it's fair to have a view but don't distort the facts. The hometown newspaper has said after both games that Clausen has looked better than Moore. You obviously don't have to agree with that but facts are facts.

I am not distorting facts. All camp it was reported Moore looked significantly better than Clausen. They said it was clear there would no competition.

Neither QB has looked great in 2 pointless/meaningless games. Moore faced #1 defense of 2 of the 3 top units from last season. Clausen faced backups. It ain't an apples to applies comparison.

I ain't gonna put the same stock in what Jarrett does out on the field when Fox puts him in with the 2nd string as I am the first. Same applies for QBs.

I am not distorting facts. All camp it was reported Moore looked significantly better than Clausen. They said it was clear there would no competition.

Neither QB has looked great in 2 pointless/meaningless games. Moore faced #1 defense of 2 of the 3 top units from last season. Clausen faced backups. It ain't an apples to applies comparison.

I ain't gonna put the same stock in what Jarrett does out on the field when Fox puts him in with the 2nd string as I am the first. Same applies for QBs.

just making the point that the charlotte observer has written that while neither has looked great, clausen has looked better. once again you don't have to agree with it but cannot ignore it.

also, moore faced #1 defenses with a #1 offense. clausen faced #2 defenses with a #2 offense. seems pretty apples to apples to me. otherwise i fully support giving clausen 3 or 4 series' with the 1's to put this debate to rest.

Well I only brought up the record because numbers seems to be the only thing people here care about...All I'm trying to say is I would like to see Jimmy get a chance with the 1's just to see what he can do because, as of right now, the person that is starting can't even get us a field goal!

Even though I do believe that preseason wins builds momentum for the regular season, where it does count.

lol.... jimmy isnt even good with the 2's right now, why should he be playing with the 1's? And i would rather have a QB that can't give us field goals than a QB giving the other team the ball.

Archived