• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is matt moore criticism allowed on here?

d34

That's really not criticism so I don't know what you are trying to get at. If Matt Moore goes 0-16 and throws 10 TDs and 40 INTs I don't think we resign him to a franchise deal, but that's just me and stranger things have happened. If you are saying that COULD happen so we might as well play Clausen now then you sir are a donkey.

No one is saying anything like you quoted. They are saying, "he is a winner" "its only preseason please stop acting like we are out of the playoffs already" and "He doesn't need to be a record setter just above average."

That is all

Are you joking......he just needs to be above average?

no i think people are misunderstanding what im saying. What I don't want is for threads like "is just his second year as a starter" or "he will grow into the position" or "give it time, its a rebuilding year". He has a 1 year contract, we have 3 other quarterbacks, what if he fails, do we resign him and try this all over again? Jake Locker anyone?

Fox is likely gone. So the Clausen pick could also end up being a complete waste. Most new coaches don't like to build there NEW team around leftover QBs from prior coaching eras. If Fox is gone imo it is impossible what will happen at QB.

What exactly has he done to warrant criticism? He's played briefly in two pre-season games and done OK... why would I, as a Panther fan, criticize our new starting QB before the season has even started?

Trust me, the first time he fumbles or throws an INT, there will be plenty of negativity on here...

Hes 6-2 in real games and 0-2 in games that dont matter and you want to throw him to the wolves...Maybe people are just questioning your logic. He deserves his chance and he will get it. I dont understand why people have to bitch about it before then. Be a good fan and support your starting quarterback. Its not like clausen is throwing TDs.

i dunno guys, i must have missed that hr meeting at the huddle office where we decided that all negativity towards matt moore was to be left at the door. I'm serious 90 percent of the huddle supports matt moore like he was the unquestioned 6 time pro bowler 4500 yard 30td passer that he is not. I wish the guy well, but at the same time I would love for every player in that roster to be in "a short leash". I hope moore kills, and if he dosen't then he really needs to get evaluated (i hope). There seems to be a serious backlash to anyone calling moore anything but hope, like called a troll, or even question the faith in the team. And look all I hope for the huddle is to understand that this guy has not grown on some people, and if the guy struggles next week, and we start shaky because poor offense/qb play to really realize that moore may not be the guy, clausen may be a bust and we might look to trade for a qb.....but seriously guys, i hope we can get moore of his high chair, go out there and earn your job buddy, start 6-0 THEN i might buy your jersey, till then...

I don't think that everyone is sold on Moore. There are lots of questions that need to be answered. But I think that this situation is alot like Kolb, or even Leinart this year. Until he plays when it counts, why all the negativity coupled with the unbridled support for Clausen when he has done nothing at all. And really what kind of supporting cast have either of them had so far this year.

Both of our two quarterbacks have a 35 passer rating.

For what is it worth, Matt had a passer rating of 58 in preseason last year completing 16 of 29 for 55% and 0 Tds. One difference is that he was only sacked 2 times in the last preseason. And we played the Giants, Miami, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. So far through 2 games he has been sacked 3 times already and Clausen has been sacked 4 times.

Criticism at this point is very premature and those who persist in leveling it are just demonstrating their lack of football knowledge IMHO.

Archived