• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's fortune

d34

Okay so week 1 went by, hopes high, week 2 went by hopes low, week 3 around the corner.....replaying the last two weeks in my head got me thinking, wait wait wait.....joe flacco, this guy is not a vet, this guy played in division II, this guy was rated an F during the draft by many guys when the ravens drafted him high.....hes killed us 2 years in a row in the preaseason and we play him again week 10 or 11. How did this franchise turn around so quickly, they weren't bad, but they weren't also superbowl contending, then i found this little tidbit of information....

Two years ago, the Ravens had no intention of making then-rookie Joe Flacco the opening-day starter, due to concerns about the quality of the offensive line, the lack of competition, and throwing the boy into the wolves.... But Troy Smith came down with tonsilitis, and Flacco went the distance in a Week 3 preseason game against the rams....the rest is history.

Why couldn't that be us?

Obvious Moore/Clausen aint ready crap

Are you implying that any team that drafts a QB from a D2 school or better should start him immediately for fear of regretting the decision to start a veteran over a rookie even though the organization doesn't feel that said rookie is the best QB on the roster because one time in the history of the NFL it worked out for the team in question? Because that's what it sounds like you are saying.

The way I see it, in the NFL today there are only 4 ways to not have your teams choice of QB be called into question. Here they are:

1. Have a QB named Peyton Manning

2. Have a QB named Tom Brady

3. Have a QB named Drew Brees

4. Win a Super Bowl

Otherwise, a team's decision is always the wrong one.

The way I see it, in the NFL today there are only 4 ways to not have your teams choice of QB be called into question. Here they are:

1. Have a QB named Peyton Manning

2. Have a QB named Tom Brady

3. Have a QB named Drew Brees

4. Win a Super Bowl

Otherwise, a team's decision is always the wrong one.

#1 through #3 apply to #4, so you've only really given us one way to not have your QB selection called into question... which is to win a Superbowl.

And to that point, OF COURSE this is a way to not have your QB selection called into question. The QB is one of the most visible positions in the game.

And chances are, if he isn't getting it done, you aren't going to win the big one. And this will of course lead to discussions about replacing him.

Archived