• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Solution for Armanti Edwards

chknwing

Basically, Carolina just wants the ball in his hands because his quick and athletic. Since he cant catch the ball, why not just hand it to him in the form of a reverse or some variation of it. I think he could be quite good at that, and when Smith comes back, a double reverse with him and armanti could be sweet.

I have an Armanti Edwards observation. Would he have been better if any team other than the Panthers had drafted him? Let's look at what he's facing...

He's a local hero from a small school.

He's being asked to completely learn not one but TWO positions at the highest level.

The team that drafted him traded a high draft pick to acquire him.

The fans and media scrutinize and report every move.

At Carolina it will be very hard for him to live up to the expectations that the fans and media have heaped upon him.

He has alot of pressure on him to succeed. If he had been drafted by a team like Cleveland, Buffalo, St Louis that have lower expectations from media and fans I'm sure that the pressure would have been lessened and the maturation would have been more gradual.

What i see is a player that wants it badly. But, he is pressing so badly that he's forcing himself into mental errors. Mental errors along with unfamiliarity with the position and fan expectations is giving us what we have seen the last 2 weeks. I think we need to lower our expectations of him and realize that he may not be able to help this team until later in the season. But at some point, if he keeps working, we should see things come together and he will be special for us in the long term.

Horrible draft pick. Sure, he has potential, sure he might be good in a year, but we needed immediate help in this draft. We gave up a second rounder for a third round question mark.

In fairness, the rest of the draft was awesome.

If you havn't noticed this off-season, We are not looking for immediate help.

We could stop trying to force him to do something he's awful at...

Foster(Power Back), Delhomme(Game Manager), D-Lewis(Starter), T.Davis(Safety), S.Martin(Cornerback), Bernadeau(Back-up C), and Evan Mathis (Every O-line position except LG) says hi

Archived