• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

53 man roster and the QBs

pantherfan49

Seeing just MM and Clausen playing last night got me wondering whether the Panthers may go with just two QBs this season in order to open up a roster spot somewhere else. They could stash Cantwell and Pike on the PS for a few weeks until an injury elsewhere on the roster opened up another spot.

Also AE could serve as the emergency third QB, since it is quite clear that he won't be contributing as a QB or PR this season. :eek:

When looking at the roster, I could see this as 1 possibility. We are just too stacked at certain positions. I mean when you think about it, if we had to rely on Cantwell or Pike at all this season we are screwed anyway. So it wouldnt really matter if someone else snatches them up off the PS and we had to sign someone else. The difference of play between someone new and one of those guys would be marginal.

Or the front office could be waiting to pick up a QB3 off the heap somewhere. Cantwell and Pike didn't even sniff the field last night, even considering that Moore and Claussen were, well, lackluster at best.

There's got to be an old retread veteran out there that will be looking for a job in September who can sit on the bench and help Moore and Claussen reach some kind of potential.

On a side note, the other quarterback we're paying this year seems to be playing well, providing a "spark" for his team and getting along greatly.:cryin:

I think this was it for cantplaywell and pike. 2nd preseason and you get no snaps? 3rd game is dress rehersal and all you will see is mm and clausen, and looking at things we will see MM and clausen alot 4th preaseason game because there is no way to rest any player after last night, so i highly doubt it, i would keep pike 1000 times over cantwell.

zzzzzzzzfunnypicturesin.jpg

i believe the panthers are hiding pike(no film), in hopes of PSing him. i just dont see it happening. colts, bungals, and others are rumored to want pike, if cut.

plus we all know once al davis hears hunter has thee strongest arm, he would put in a claim too.

i once was a big advocate of 2 QBs, but you must have one tough SOB at #1 in order to pull this off. plus this is a QB league and developing thee top need/talent is also something to think about, so 3 maybe the magic number after all. just think of all the team who where able to trade QBs, eagles flipped mcribb cause younger klob got them believing, pats took a 7th rounder and turned in into a early 2nd, changers tricked the seahawks into a high price for whitehurst, etc.

come cuts and practice squad WR/QB will have my attention.

Archived