• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will have a better "first" year, Moore or Kolb?

Razzy

Desean Jackson and...

Macklin and Celeck

All 3 have a very good chance of going over 1,000 yards. Jackson was over 1,000 last year, Celeck missed it by 29 yeards, and Macklin could be Kolb's favorite target this year.

It really shouldn't be a debate though because we are talking about two totally different offenses. The Eagles are going to throw the ball all over the place and 4,000 yds is not out of the question for Kolb. The Panthers are going to run the ball. Comparing the two doesn't make much sense to me.

/thread.

Kolb will lead in most categories but one -yards per attempt. I read an interesting article which showed that of all the passing stats, yards per attempt was the best single predictor of success. It accounted for 29% of all the variance which is pretty great for a single factor.

Statisically Kolb only because he plays on a team that throws 98% of the time. Plus it was clear after the draft that Fox/Hurney want Moore to fail in the worst possible way. If they wanted him to succeed they would have drafted Golden Tate instead of a backup QB. Its going to be an up hill battle for the poor kid knowing the franchise he plays for is setting him up for failure.

Moore. Vick will actually take over at some point up there. Kolb just doesn't have it, IMHO.

And you base this on?

There is not one person who is or has been around the Eagles organization (media or otherwise) that has said he doesn't have "it". In fact that is the one thing you hear time and time again, that Kolb has the "it factor" that is very rare in QB's. Every player on that team has wanted this for a long time.

You can mark this thread because Kolb will have a long and successful career with the Eagles. I base this on the fact that the kid hunts wild boar with nothing but a Bowie knife.

I am predicting Matt Moore will have the best overall season,especially if he can be half as effective as he was the latter half of last season.

I am not all that impressed with Kolb,so i'm thinking Matt will wind up at seasons end with a better quarterback rating.

So if you cut Matt Moore's production in half that is still greater than what Kolb can do?

Exceptional logic.

I am impressed by all the love for Kolb out there, but any Andy Reid pick is gonna have byline power. Kolb is good, but half the fans out there are thinking Clausen, so Moore has a double barrel to face...world vs. Matt, fans vs. Matt...I just don't get it.

Desean Jackson and...

Macklin and Celeck

All 3 have a very good chance of going over 1,000 yards. Jackson was over 1,000 last year, Celeck missed it by 29 yeards, and Macklin could be Kolb's favorite target this year.

Did no one else want to take the time to make fun of the Eagles fan for not spelling Maclin and Celek correctly? Hopefully he didn't make a custom jersey.

:nopity:

You really need to define what a "better year" means. Do you mean statistically or wins/losses. I don't think there will be any doubt that Kolb has more yards because the Eagles air the ball out. I would certainly hope Moore is statistically better because he will probably throw the ball half the times Kolb does. For fantasy purposes, I would take Kolb all day long over Moore. I think a better debate would be Moore v. Sanchez because the Jets have a similar offense.

Did no one else want to take the time to make fun of the Eagles fan for not spelling Maclin and Celek correctly? Hopefully he didn't make a custom jersey.

:nopity:

Damn You! And damn you excessive vodka and Sprite. I might have rushed and misspelled a name or two but I still make a lot of damn sense if you ask me. :)

Did I at least get Jackson and Kolb right? I sure hope I didn't spell Kolb like "Cobb", that would be really embarrassing.

Archived