• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will have a better "first" year, Moore or Kolb?

Razzy

Stats entering 2010:

Moore: 8 Starts, 249 Attempts, 59.4% Completion, 11 TDs, 7 INTs, 1,783Yds/7.2 Avg

Kolb: 2 Starts, 130 Attempts, 60.8% Completion, 4 TDs, 7 INTs, 885Yds/6.8Avg

Here are two quarterbacks in a very similar situation, both have earned their starting spots in the eyes of their coach and both are expected to come out and win games.

In my opinion, Moore has done more to prove himself, but Kolb has the better support cast of wide receivers.

So which former backup will have the better year?

Well, Moore has DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, and Steve Smith, and a dominant offensive line.

Kolb has DeSean Jackson.

I know who my vote goes to.

Desean Jackson and...

Macklin and Celeck

All 3 have a very good chance of going over 1,000 yards. Jackson was over 1,000 last year, Celeck missed it by 29 yeards, and Macklin could be Kolb's favorite target this year.

It really shouldn't be a debate though because we are talking about two totally different offenses. The Eagles are going to throw the ball all over the place and 4,000 yds is not out of the question for Kolb. The Panthers are going to run the ball. Comparing the two doesn't make much sense to me.

I thought you'd turn up ;)

Anyways, I think the Iggles will do better than most give them credit for this year.

Looking at the schedule I think a 9-7 is achievable and hopefully a wild card. Kolb will have his ups and downs of course but if the Eagles struggle I really don't he will be the cause of it. Lot's of questions on defense and the offensive line assigned to protect him is garbage.

I honestly think Moore and Kolb will both have good years but their stats won't tell the whole story (as they rarely do) because Kolb's stats will most likely be "sexier".

Desean Jackson and...

Macklin and Celeck

All 3 have a very good chance of going over 1,000 yards. Jackson was over 1,000 last year, Celeck missed it by 29 yeards, and Macklin could be Kolb's favorite target this year.

It really shouldn't be a debate though because we are talking about two totally different offenses. The Eagles are going to throw the ball all over the place and 4,000 yds is not out of the question for Kolb. The Panthers are going to run the ball. Comparing the two doesn't make much sense to me.

Even though Kolb is almost guaranteed to have more yards and TDs due to the nature of the offense, Moore could still have a better year playwise if his completion % and TD-INT ratio is better.

Even though Kolb is almost guaranteed to have more yards and TDs due to the nature of the offense, Moore could still have a better year playwise if his completion % and TD-INT ratio is better.

true.. but does that really matter? like people look at payton mannings stats and go "oh he doesn't have the TD's-INT's as a Matt Moore who has 2,000 yards" no, they are going to look at the 4,200 Yards Passing and 20 TD's and thats all they need to

true.. but does that really matter? like people look at payton mannings stats and go "oh he doesn't have the TD's-INT's as a Matt Moore who has 2,000 yards" no, they are going to look at the 4,200 Yards Passing and 20 TD's and thats all they need to

True, but these are the same average people that look at 0.99 and go "OMG It's under a dollar...VALUE!"

Archived