• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the pedigree all about?

TheRealDeal

All kidding aside, I will take a football player with pedigree over the one without everytime if all other things are the same. You can call out wine n cheese eatin mofos if you want but youre not gonna sound too smart.

The argument is not about whether or not "pedigree" is beneficial, but whether or not "pedigree" is a suitable argument for ignoring the talent of another player. If you notice in the thread many have made the argument that people often cite "pedigree" to combat another players talent.

For example, suppose Matt Moore is a good QB. Someone might want to give Clausen a shot over Moore because he has more "potential" due to his pedigree, even though Moore is a good QB.

The argument is not about whether or not "pedigree" is beneficial, but whether or not "pedigree" is a suitable argument for ignoring the talent of another player. If you notice in the thread many have made the argument that people often cite "pedigree" to combat another players talent.

For example, suppose Matt Moore is a good QB. Someone might want to give Clausen a shot over Moore because he has more "potential" due to his pedigree, even though Moore is a good QB.

Yep but its not the first time the Ive heard someone pull that wine n cheese eating stuff before. It grates on my nerves.

Oh and yeah I agree. . that is the question to which I answered - When all other things are equal, then yes. In this particular case its not and I s'pose I would say I see Fox seeing it the same way. Whats first on his list you think? I think it would look like this maybe. Idk

Experience

Leadership

Talent

Health

Intelligence

coach-ability

other things to consider:

pedigree, diet, does he like to murder his wives

Ha, my dumb ass didn't even realize this guy is Casey Clausen's younger brother, or that he has another brother that also played QB at Tennessee.....not that it means anything significant, but it sheds more light on the "pedigree" crap. Oh well, learn something new everyday.

I haven't figured out this post yet but i believe it is a good one.

Now after reading it a little futher,i'm not so sure.

I buy PSL seats when avaialble from a divorcee who dumps them to piss off her ex who coveted them more than mambo with her! If they are not available I get 500 series seats for around $48-55. I am pleased with either, but do not consider the people who paid to get the stadium built as any better than those who sit in 508 at top level. They have never looked at me with my less than guggi Walls/Beurlein T with anything but equal respect..though it took about 5 years to start hearing some ear wrenching screams from some of the regulars.

My point was when you are there (BOA)...you are family no matter your seat number! After this, you'll need to hire a linguist, my brain cannot work this hard after 6 PM!

Archived