• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taking the boys

HPPantherzfan

So, my brother and I are taking our sons to their first Panther game this year (Cin). Seeing as how we normally come every year with no kids and do the whole tailgate thing and get generally trashed before the game even starts we are at a loss as for things to do with the kids. Both boys are 8, neither of them really watches football on TV and for both of them, this will be their first years playing (flag). I'm sure others have done this before so what did you do to make sure your kids had a great time for their first trip? I really want them to have a good time and spark their interest in football a little. :confused:

Mine are the same way, don't really watch football, but they really enjoy going to the games... make sure you go early and let them see downtown a bit and have time to walk around the stadium some. Get their faces painted and for your enjoyment, find some TopCats or just a hot chick in Panthers gear and ask them to take some pics with the kids, chicks dig cute little kids... may as well get something out of it for you. :D

Mine are the same way, don't really watch football, but they really enjoy going to the games... make sure you go early and let them see downtown a bit and have time to walk around the stadium some. Get their faces painted and for your enjoyment, find some TopCats or just a hot chick in Panthers gear and ask them to take some pics with the kids, chicks dig cute little kids... may as well get something out of it for you. :D

LMAO...good idea! Yea we had already planned to go down early and do our regular tailgate ritual, without the drinking this time of course, but just wanted to see if there were any activities set up or what others are doing.

Thanks for the reply

I am taking my 10 year old to the game. A group of us- all with kids are going to Hooters(get them young and train them) and then take the light rail to the stadium (485 and South Street station). Then we will go have them play some games, get their faces painted and wath the game. As long as mine gets fed peanuts, pizza and junk food all game- he is fine

I am taking my 10 year old to the game. A group of us- all with kids are going to Hooters(get them young and train them) and then take the light rail to the stadium (485 and South Street station). Then we will go have them play some games, get their faces painted and wath the game. As long as mine gets fed peanuts, pizza and junk food all game- he is fine

I hope ours are the same...going to take a football and grill...throw some with them and was thinking of buying cornhole or something. I don't expect them to be all about the game but I do hope they have fun.

Before the game:

--The Panthers Lair, located near the South Gate and East Gate on the corner of Mint Street and Morehead Street.

--Located on the Panthers practice field adjacent to Bank of America Stadium, the Fit Squad Kid's Combine is a free interactive area that promotes youth fitness through a variety of football skills and drills for children and their families.

Once inside the stadium: Sir Purr's Play Den is an exciting in-stadium attraction for children at all Panthers home games. Located on the 100 level by section 138, the area features a miniature artificial turf field where kids can play like the pros by practicing their kicking and passing skills.

http://www.panthers.com/fanzone/game-day-experience.html

Archived