• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dumbing up the defense

theadmas

Remember when the season started, and the defensive strategy was for Fox to dumb down the defense to make it easier for the younger players to just go out and play....

That is what I thought of this morning while listening to Shannon Sharpe exclaim on Sirius Radio that he couldn't understand why Fox had such a simplistic looking defensive plan against the Cardinals offense.

Not sure what to say about this, sorta is what it is.

If you wanna try and find something positive to think on, maybe that means when Turgo isn't fired, that there is a chance Fox can ratchet things back up. And put back in some defensive schemes that confuse and scare people.

Yeah I was thinking that as well. It was made pretty clear that we were making things easier for the new guys, but I also heard that things were slowly cranked up throughout the season.

Could make sense if they could not handle it being cranked up and could explain the loss of form as the season went on.

You guys are way off base. It wasn't that he was simplifying the defense so that it was easy to figure and out and score on, but easier for the players to execute. That is completely different. For example Chicago in it's heyday had a much simplier defense to execute but it was difficult to figure out.

The problem with turgo's defense was that it was so complicated that it required players to think too much about what they are supposed to do so they couldn't just react and play they had too many responsibilities out of each set.

Last Saturday's defense was just a plain zone with little pressure, few blitzes and very few changes once the offense came out and we could see what they were about to do.

We essentially did the same thing we did the first time. It didn't work the first time and didn't work the second time. Only this time they didn't have the excuse that they had to defend Fitz and Boldin. It was the worst defensive performance I have seen since those games against the Giants and Pittsburgh in 2006.

Trgo is one of the worst coordinators in the league. I only hope that Hurney has balls if Fox doesn't. He is terrible and if this is Fox's idea of a good scheme then he is going senile. I can't believe anyone would want to play for him. Players like to play in aggressive defenses. They like our team but I can't believe they like our defense.

Archived