• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fans

TheRealDeal

I have been reading a lot of posts on here where fans are upset at the way the season ended and other fans calling these fans "fairweather" fans or bandwagon fans. Just because a fan isn't happy with the way a season ended and expectations were not met doesn't mean they are fairweather fans it means they expect excellence. Don't get me wrong, not all fan suggestions are warranted or logical but in this situation, with such hopes and talent on this team, nothing short of an NFC championship should be accepted.

As a fan I expect the best from the team I support. The attitude that its not the end of the world and only one team can win is BS to me. Hard earned dollars are being spent watching and supporting our teams so they have the right to demand top tier play. Obviously this team has flaws or they would still be playing football and every fan has the right to expect changes because if the organization is not doing everything they can to win a championship for their city and their fans then they do not deserve my fanhood and support.

This may seem as bandwagon or fairweather to some of you but if you really look into it, it makes perfect sense. We as fans have no alliances or obligation to root for a team based on where we live, where we grew up, etc. just as the organization has no obligation to us. We root for teams because we like them and we appreciate the product they put on the field. If changes are not made to improve the team then I am completely okay with fans being completely upset at the organization

Yea some people just like to try to talk about poo they know nothing about, much less the meaning.

It would do good to actually know the definitions of words you accuse people of being.

It's pretty funny though that people are that ignorant.(and sad)

There is a fine line between legitimate complaints and childish bitching.

The latter is what you'll find most often on the Huddle.

I'll agree with that. Expecting your team to succeed and demanding excellence are fine and any good fan is going to do that, but the extreme extent of the whining and pessimism on these boards is unbelievable. To just completely give up hope and assume that the organization is going to tank after one game...that's not being a loyal fan.

Yea some people just like to try to talk about sh*t they know nothing about, much less the meaning.

It would do good to actually know the definitions of words you accuse people of being.

It's pretty funny though that people are that ignorant.(and sad)

Care to elaborate? I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at but if you want to have a discussion about it I will be glad to. Also if you want to talk about anything football because you are so enlightened let me know, maybe you can help me shed my ignorance

I'll agree with that. Expecting your team to succeed and demanding excellence are fine and any good fan is going to do that, but the extreme extent of the whining and pessimism on these boards is unbelievable. To just completely give up hope and assume that the organization is going to tank after one game...that's not being a loyal fan.

I don't think the fans have given up hope I think they realize there needs to be changes...the worst thing a fan can be is a homer and think nothing is wrong, sort of like Charger fans

Care to elaborate? I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at but if you want to have a discussion about it I will be glad to. Also if you want to talk about anything football because you are so enlightened let me know, maybe you can help me shed my ignorance

I'm pretty sure he was agreeing with you, and using the term "you" generally to refer to the same Huddlers you are complaining about.

Could be wrong though.

This may seem as bandwagon or fairweather to some of you but if you really look into it, it makes perfect sense. We as fans have no alliances or obligation to root for a team based on where we live, where we grew up, etc. just as the organization has no obligation to us. We root for teams because we like them and we appreciate the product they put on the field. If changes are not made to improve the team then I am completely okay with fans being completely upset at the organization

I disagree with that statement. You SHOULD root for your hometown team. That is a fan law. Every baby born in the Charlotte area from 1995, should be a Panther fan, no exceptions.

There was some idiot sitting behind me that was calling the quiet crowd fair weather fans. He was going on about how the fans had given up. I was like dude, the TEAM on the filed is where you should be directing this anger.

The fans are ticked because they dropped a phone bill or power bill to go watch this game.

I don't personally care. Be a fan when the team wins or when they lose I don't care.

Just be a fan.

Think the Panthers organization cares? They just want you to buy their stuff. Rain or shine.

There was some idiot sitting behind me that was calling the quiet crowd fair weather fans. He was going on about how the fans had given up. I was like dude, the TEAM on the filed is where you should be directing this anger.

The fans are ticked because they dropped a phone bill or power bill to go watch this game.

I don't personally care. Be a fan when the team wins or when they lose I don't care.

Just be a fan.

Think the Panthers organization cares? They just want you to buy their stuff. Rain or shine.

I love people like that. Because every other fan base yells and cheers when their team is getting their ass kick.

Archived