• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any ideas/luck in finding jobs?

KBRed

use ALL the career sites. monster and career builder are the two i have used most, and get emails and calls fairly regularly from recruiters that want me to work for too little. yes i can be paid too little, and it's because i am nearly maxed out on what unemployment pays me. $550 is the max NC gives per week so I have to have 15 an hour to even entertain an offer on a full time job, and i'm used to making a lot more. luckily i'm back with the same company for now.

she can ask the ESC for more job hunting sites/resources that are more relevant to what she wants to do. like thinkenergygroup.com and engineeringgigs.com are good for me.

last thing. she may need to take something other than an architect position. my wife has a marketing degree, but currently works in mortgage processing just to get a check. she hates it, but its better than unemployment.

Yeah, she's already looking in other directions because there isn't much in this industry right now.

as far as job boards as concerned, indeed.com and simplyhired.com are the best in my opinion. they're aggregators, so you'll get all the results from major sites like monster and career builder, plus they scan websites for hundreds of thousands of public, private, and nonprofit entities.

Don't be too good to get a job at a nice restaurant waiting tables or bartending.

And I don't mean Outback.

Go someplace where the folks that are making these deciscions for the big companies are having lunch and dinner. Many of the girls that I worked in the restaurant industry (long ago) got jobs just by being nice to these guys, and looking pretty.

Archived