• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Book are You Currently Reading?

Razzy

little-einsteins-book.jpg

Starting to challenge yourself? Are you sure you are ready for a "big boy book" :D

Here's what I am reading:

HOW TO BE GOOD by Amy Winehouse

MY LIFE OF CELIBACY by Gene Simmons

NATIVE ESPERANTO SPEAKERS

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS by Helen Keller

MOTHERHOOD by Britney Spears

HOW TO LEAD A TEAM TO A WORLD SERIES by Barry Bonds

ULTIMATE GUIDE TO ACTING by Keanu Reeves

PEOPLE WHO RESPECTED ME by Paula Abdul

THE SCHIZOPHRENIC: AN UNAUTHORIZED AUTOBIOGRAPHY

HOW TO GET A TAN WITH A BLOWTORCH

ETHIOPIAN TIPS ON WORLD DOMINANCE

EVERYTHING MEN KNOW ABOUT WOMEN

EVERYTHING WOMEN KNOW ABOUT MEN

FRENCH HOSPITALITY

FRENCH MILITARY VICTORIES

And if I have the time,

SPOTTED OWL RECIPES

FRENCH MILITARY VICTORIES

That book must get pretty thin after Napoleon. :D

Finished with Chickenhawk, now continuing the Vietnam theme with Street Without Joy. Interesting note, Fall published S.W.J. (about Route 1 in the first Indochina war) in 1961 and then later died during war correspondence while on Route 1. :eek:

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished The Hunger Games. I picked it up in the airport so I would have something for my flight and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The plot was interesting, although the characters are a bit shallow and in some ways the writing style is aimed towards teens, but I can forgive that because the pacing kept me reading. I'm going to pick up the 2nd in the trilogy soon.

hungergames.jpg

In the story, a dystopic Capitol requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl who are forced to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. When Katniss Everdeen's little sister is chosen in the lottery, Katniss volunteers to take her place. Although persevering through hardship is commonplace for Katniss, she must start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home.

Archived