• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Droid X

Darth Biscuit

Yep.

Well, it's installed and I downloaded flash and updated a bunch of apps... if you go to the settings -> about now it says Android Version 2.2? So I guess 2.3.15 is 2.2... software guys are weird.

Have you noticed a performance difference? Mine seemed slower at first, but it's fine now. I'll reboot it later and play with it some more.

ordered mine yesterday. should have it in hand tomorrow afternoon according to fedex tracking info. talked to the salesman about rooting. i know. red flag raised right. i wanted to know about it though from someone other than questionable people on droid forums. he says one wrong move during the process, and you're screwed. it takes ~5 hrs also according to this guy. voids your warranty. allows you to hot spot for free which i already knew.

anybody done it? how hard was it if so?

ordered mine yesterday. should have it in hand tomorrow afternoon according to fedex tracking info. talked to the salesman about rooting. i know. red flag raised right. i wanted to know about it though from someone other than questionable people on droid forums. he says one wrong move during the process, and you're screwed. it takes ~5 hrs also according to this guy. voids your warranty. allows you to hot spot for free which i already knew.

anybody done it? how hard was it if so?

Search for easy root on droid boards. Switch you're keyboard to swype.

Archived