• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach's Corner: Lorenzo Ward on Eric Norwood

scpanther22

One thing we knew was that no matter what, Eric was going to go 100 percent,” Ward said. “There were times in practice when Coach [steve] Spurrier would have to slow Eric down because he was going to hurt someone on offense. It's just Eric's mentality and the way he plays the game. He is a young man who loves to play football."

http://car.scout.com/2/984411.html

i really feel good about the future of our pass rush. he is a huge part of that. i love the potential that he and everette brown have...throw in the potential that hardy has as well and this could end up being the best pass rushing defense that the panthers have ever had...if they live up to their potential.

The only thing I wonder about is.

How will meeks change his scheme for Norwood.

I've been wondering this too.

We already do a lot of over/under putting an OLB right on the LOS on the outside shoulder of the tackle.

We used Peppers as a stand up rusher plenty of times.

It probably won't be too much different.

With our personnel right now we could almost do a full blown 3-4 package if we wanted too. We just need one more OLB. I've thought about making a topic about it but it would turn into a madhouse.

The only thing I wonder about is.

How will meeks change his scheme for Norwood.

one thing i noticed last year is that meeks is really good at adapting his scheme based on the strength of the guys he has on the field and does really good at mixing things up. i think he did better than he thought he could actually. that wasn't something that i think he was familiar with and not something we are used to from fox...but he did it.

even with the loss of a few guys, the defense is still pretty much made up of the same guys. those who were here last year probably saw a lot of what a meeks defense was capable of and gained confidence in it. that confidence will spread to the newbies, i'm sure.

i don't know how exactly it will change but i know it will. maybe they will use him much in the same way they used wesley last year...kind of the joker. who knows? hopefully they will allow him to pick his own matches. he seems like the kind of guy you just put on the field and take the leash off and let him go.

one thing i noticed last year is that meeks is really good at adapting his scheme based on the strength of the guys he has on the field and does really good at mixing things up. i think he did better than he thought he could actually. that wasn't something that i think he was familiar with and not something we are used to from fox...but he did it.

even with the loss of a few guys, the defense is still pretty much made up of the same guys. those who were here last year probably saw a lot of what a meeks defense was capable of and gained confidence in it. that confidence will spread to the newbies, i'm sure.

i don't know how exactly it will change but i know it will. maybe they will use him much in the same way they used wesley last year...kind of the joker. who knows? hopefully they will allow him to pick his own matches. he seems like the kind of guy you just put on the field and take the leash off and let him go.

I also have to say we saw Meeks hand in the draft last year with Brown and this year with Norwood. He loves speed guys and using them in diffrent ways. Im sure we will not see anything too exotic but we will see match up problems on the field. I think Meeks used Peppers quite well last year as well as Brayton,Westly, and other.

Archived