• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers seem like right fit for Wright

scpanther22

anyone who thinks Wallace Wright won't be on this roster doesn't uderstand this team.

If he makes the team over Jarett or Moore, then I don't understand this team. Can you please explain his usefulness? And don't say "special teams", because that's the same as saying a girl has a "great personality".

he's shown more than moore. he's shown that when he is in a game he is actually able to do something. moore hasn't shown anything. if you have to chose between the two jarrett is the easy choice.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one then. IMO Jarrett hasn't really hasn't shown anything more. He has caught more balls, mainly because he has taken more snaps. But he hasn't shown anything more in two seasons than Moore has shown in one.

Fwiw, I doubt either will be playing for the Panthers in a couple of years, but I think that Moore has just as much of a chance at catching on somewhere as Jarrett does.

I consider myself to be a very knowledgeable football fan, but when it comes to Jarrett I feel like an idiot. I read posts on this board and see him inactive week in and week out, but when hes in the game he does nothing but impress me. He has had a few nice third down catches during the year. He scored that touchdown against the Saints. At the end of the game agaisnt the Jets Delhomme only threw to Jarret and Barnidge on the last drive, and Jarrett caught everything thrown his way. I dont know, I like Jarrett and think he should get a legit shot. He is the same age as LaFell and I think he has all the potential in the world.

until this year jarrett has had a WR coach old enough to be his great grandfather and i'm sure that has played a huge factor. also he is playing for a coach who believes practice is king. jarrett doesn't practice well.

you get him involved in the offense in games and he will impress. he won't be a speed demon and won't do a whole lot after the catch but he will be as reliable a target and as clutch as just about anyone can be.

If he makes the team over Jarett or Moore, then I don't understand this team. Can you please explain his usefulness? And don't say "special teams", because that's the same as saying a girl has a "great personality".

whether you like it or not, sure, special teams. He's exceptional at a phase of the game we're not good at. The others can't even return well - Moore included - and hopefully Edwards excepted. If any other receiver (besides Steve Smith) on roster was as good at receiving as he is at coverage, we got lucky.

only reason moore gets any love is because he played for wake and is from charlotte. you take away that and he's a non-factor.

only thing he has shown is that he works hard, practices well, has a lot of homer fans, and can't capitalize on opportunities given him in real games.

give me jarret over kenny any day in a real game.

so him setting us up to beat the redskins is nothing.i know he muffed the punt against buff. but still this guy has talent. he just didnt get the looks that other wr had when on the field, adn there were plenty of tmes he was open. give me moore over dj any day.

I consider myself to be a very knowledgeable football fan, but when it comes to Jarrett I feel like an idiot. I read posts on this board and see him inactive week in and week out, but when hes in the game he does nothing but impress me. He has had a few nice third down catches during the year. He scored that touchdown against the Saints. At the end of the game agaisnt the Jets Delhomme only threw to Jarret and Barnidge on the last drive, and Jarrett caught everything thrown his way. I dont know, I like Jarrett and think he should get a legit shot. He is the same age as LaFell and I think he has all the potential in the world.

isnt dj from nj? homer lmao.

You gave yourself pie?

Exactly who do people think would fill in for Smitty during the regular season if he should get hurt for a game or 2? They wont start Edwards this season. So that leaves Moore to be the next closest Smitty like receiver.

Gettis ran a 4.3 at the combine. I've already started the official Gettis bandwagon and I'm riding it all the way to the bank.

whether you like it or not, sure, special teams. He's exceptional at a phase of the game we're not good at. The others can't even return well - Moore included - and hopefully Edwards excepted. If any other receiver (besides Steve Smith) on roster was as good at receiving as he is at coverage, we got lucky.

He's not exceptional- he's slightly above average, at best. As crappy as our defensive depth is, we can't waste a roster spot on a ST/WR.

Archived