• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers seem like right fit for Wright

scpanther22

Don't see any reason to think Jarret will make it over Moore. Both have good hands, but Moore is faster and by most accounts, works harder.

Panther's own 2nd round pick versus Detroit's 5th rounder? I think Moore is just as much, if not more, likely to have a productive NFL career, but I bet the Panthers cut Moore before they cut Jarret.

Unless several of the other guys impress in camp and the preseason, Jarrett is likely to make the squad. That means Smith, Edwards, LaFell will take 3 more spots. If we keep 5 that gives us one spot, if we keep 6- 2 spots. That means Gettis, Moore and Wright aren't all making it. Let alone Trent Guy, Dexter Carter, Charly Martin, and Oliver Young. There is going to be some talent ending up on the practice squad or on opposing teams rosters.

Panther's own 2nd round pick versus Detroit's 5th rounder? I think Moore is just as much, if not more, likely to have a productive NFL career, but I bet the Panthers cut Moore before they cut Jarret.

Maybe, but on the other hand, they seem to be in a cost cutting mode, and Moore is probably cheaper than Jarret.

Maybe, but on the other hand, they seem to be in a cost cutting mode, and Moore is probably cheaper than Jarret.

I bet their respective cap numbers are within 150k.

I like Moore. I have seen him firsthand burn through secondaries in the college game. Heck, he had so much skill that Wake moved him to RB when injuries decimated that position. I also believe he is going to have a good NFL career, but why the Panthers decided to draft as many WRs this year as they did completely baffles me-unless they are looking at their laws of averages and assume if they throw three against the wall, one of them should stick.

I like Moore. I have seen him firsthand burn through secondaries in the college game. Heck, he had so much skill that Wake moved him to RB when injuries decimated that position. I also believe he is going to have a good NFL career, but why the Panthers decided to draft as many WRs this year as they did completely baffles me-unless they are looking at their laws of averages and assume if they throw three against the wall, one of them should stick.

Obviously they don't have much confidence in who they already had which includes Jarrett and Moore. Since they are likely keeping 6 receivers there is a chance that they will keep Moore and Jarrett or at least one of them.

It is up to Moore though. With Smitty out he is supposed to be taking his place in camp and should get tons on reps with the 1s. If he doesn't make the team he has nobody to blame but himself.

Obviously they don't have much confidence in who they already had which includes Jarrett and Moore. Since they are likely keeping 6 receivers there is a chance that they will keep Moore and Jarrett or at least one of them.

It is up to Moore though. With Smitty out he is supposed to be taking his place in camp and should get tons on reps with the 1s. If he doesn't make the team he has nobody to blame but himself.

I see your point and it is completely plausible. It is also plausible that they selected Lafell as Moose's replacement and then saw great value in both Edwards and Gettis and went ahead and drafted them in the BPA mode. Of course, Edwards the Panthers had to move up to get so it seems like they may have been targeting. The Panthers may also see Edwards as the guy that can fix the return game.

It is my opinion that Matt Moore and Kenny Moore seem to be on the same page when they are both in the game (this is mostly based off of preseason play). So that may help Kenny Moore to stick around.

I don't know about their cap numbers, but their actual pay is not that close.

only reason moore gets any love is because he played for wake and is from charlotte. you take away that and he's a non-factor.

only thing he has shown is that he works hard, practices well, has a lot of homer fans, and can't capitalize on opportunities given him in real games.

give me jarret over kenny any day in a real game.

only reason moore gets any love is because he played for wake and is from charlotte. you take away that and he's a non-factor.

only thing he has shown is that he works hard, practices well, has a lot of homer fans, and can't capitalize on opportunities given him in real games.

give me jarret over kenny any day in a real game.

I could easily say the same for Jarrett. The only reason he gets any love is because he was a second round draft pick, and the only thing he has shown is that he has good hands but is relatively slow and so far, hasn't capitalized on the opportunties given to him.

he's shown more than moore. he's shown that when he is in a game he is actually able to do something. moore hasn't shown anything. if you have to chose between the two jarrett is the easy choice.

also, jarret has done a lot more with the opportunities he has been given than moore.

Archived