• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers seem like right fit for Wright

scpanther22

I bet we carry six Wides this year if you count Goodson as one of them. We were runing 4 wides in OTAs. If you are going to do that , you need at least 6 guys on the roster and 5 that suit up every week at least.

I agree. I was once high on Goodson as a slot receiver, but now that we've got some bona fide receivers and Edwards, I don't know if he'll make it.

That'll be a shame, because I do feel he's a special talent. But he's not going to beat out Sutton, let alone Williams or Stewart.

I agree. I was once high on Goodson as a slot receiver, but now that we've got some bona fide receivers and Edwards, I don't know if he'll make it.

That'll be a shame, because I do feel he's a special talent. But he's not going to beat out Sutton, let alone Williams or Stewart.

As much as we run we're not going to keep 3 runningbacks unless we keep 2 fullbacks and feel confident in their ability to carry some of the load.

Like you said, Goodson isn't going to beat out Sutton so might as well see if he can contribute as a reciever. I don't think we should switch him to WR but just try and let him use his hands more since he kinda sucks at RB right now.

I agree putting Gettis on practice squad I just don't see a reason to carry 6 receivers. I also do not see anyone we could cut for Gettis. I know a lot of people want Jarrett on this team, but do you guys truly feel comfortable with a core of Smith, three rookies, and Karl Hankton 2.0. I think wee need Jarrett on this team. I know he is very disliked on this board, but Ive been impressed with what I have seen out of him. Yes, there have been articles about him not being great in practice or knowing the playbook, but the same articles and tweet were being written about Matt Moore. I say give the kid ONE more shot.

So what exactly has Jarrett done to impress you? I personally think that he is the worst player on our team not named Nick Hayden.

I agree putting Gettis on practice squad I just don't see a reason to carry 6 receivers. I also do not see anyone we could cut for Gettis. I know a lot of people want Jarrett on this team, but do you guys truly feel comfortable with a core of Smith, three rookies, and Karl Hankton 2.0. I think wee need Jarrett on this team. I know he is very disliked on this board, but Ive been impressed with what I have seen out of him. Yes, there have been articles about him not being great in practice or knowing the playbook, but the same articles and tweet were being written about Matt Moore. I say give the kid ONE more shot.

Matt Moore actually played well every single time the team needed him. He's kept mediocre seasons from turning into disasters.

Jarrett did step up that one time in Week 17 when we were out of the playoffs and playing against backups though. Good for him.

The whole 1 more year thing is done. Last year everybody was saying WR's take 3 years to adjust and he got demoted for Kenny Moore.

He might be worth keeping around but if he can't look better than Gettis or Moore he doesn't belong on the team.

Also Wright will be more than Karl Hankton 2.0. Wright has an chance of actually being involved in the offense.

I'd like to see the guy make it but I think LaFell, Edwards and Gettis are going to be locks. He's going to have to beat out Kenny Moore who seems to be taking it to another level now. He might squeeze in on ST.

Neither Moore nor Wright are practice squad eligible.

As much as we run we're not going to keep 3 runningbacks unless we keep 2 fullbacks and feel confident in their ability to carry some of the load.

Like you said, Goodson isn't going to beat out Sutton so might as well see if he can contribute as a reciever. I don't think we should switch him to WR but just try and let him use his hands more since he kinda sucks at RB right now.

5 backs are going to make the team:

RB

DLo

Stew

Sutton

Goodson

FB

Fiametta

Sutton serves as the 4th active back on game days and serves as Fiametta's backup.

If the reports think that Kenny Moore is going to take Steve Smiths spot at the start of training camp then the team must see something in him.

I'm sorry yall but Jarret is going to have to play some damn good football in preseason if he wants to stick around.

Smith

LaFell

Edwards

Gettis

Are the only WRs I see for sure making the team with Moore and Jarrett having really strong chances.

Gettis will make the team on his special teams play alone. If we put him on PS he is getting snatched in a heartbeat.

Anaylsis on Gettis:

Release: Has moves and strength to get past press coverage, but must be more quick and violent with his hands to beat the jam. Accelerates quickly off the line and gets past most corners with his long strides.

Hands: Catches nearly everything thrown his way, but traps the ball against his chest too often; needs to trust his large and strong hands and catch the ball away from his frame. Extends to grab wide throws and reaches above his head to snare high throws, exhibiting good body control in the air.

Route running: Uses his size and length to get physical separation, and his long strides are hard for corners to match when running full tilt down the sideline. Sells the deep route, but has better foot quickness than expected for his size when stopping to curl or turn outside. Working on sinking his hips to get into and out of cuts more fluidly.

After the catch: Possesses acceleration and elusiveness not expected of large receivers. Also able to stiff arm and run through smaller would-be tacklers in the secondary. Used on quick screens. Though he's taller than most kick returners, he has a chance to contribute there because he has a bit of elusiveness and hits holes at full stride. Blocking: Uses his size to neutralize corners in the run game or on quick screens, dropping his hips and extending to keep them from ripping off. Needs to consistently give the effort to get to a target. Intangibles: Took him some time to become a regular contributor despite his physical attributes. Puts effort in on the field now, however, gaining the respect of his teammates and coaches - and now looks to be ascending up draft boards in a similar way.

If the reports think that Kenny Moore is going to take Steve Smiths spot at the start of training camp then the team must see something in him.

I'm sorry yall but Jarret is going to have to play some damn good football in preseason if he wants to stick around.

Smith

LaFell

Edwards

Gettis

Are the only WRs I see for sure making the team with Moore and Jarrett having really strong chances.

Gettis will make the team on his special teams play alone. If we put him on PS he is getting snatched in a heartbeat.

Anaylsis on Gettis:

Release: Has moves and strength to get past press coverage, but must be more quick and violent with his hands to beat the jam. Accelerates quickly off the line and gets past most corners with his long strides.

Hands: Catches nearly everything thrown his way, but traps the ball against his chest too often; needs to trust his large and strong hands and catch the ball away from his frame. Extends to grab wide throws and reaches above his head to snare high throws, exhibiting good body control in the air.

Route running: Uses his size and length to get physical separation, and his long strides are hard for corners to match when running full tilt down the sideline. Sells the deep route, but has better foot quickness than expected for his size when stopping to curl or turn outside. Working on sinking his hips to get into and out of cuts more fluidly.

After the catch: Possesses acceleration and elusiveness not expected of large receivers. Also able to stiff arm and run through smaller would-be tacklers in the secondary. Used on quick screens. Though he's taller than most kick returners, he has a chance to contribute there because he has a bit of elusiveness and hits holes at full stride. Blocking: Uses his size to neutralize corners in the run game or on quick screens, dropping his hips and extending to keep them from ripping off. Needs to consistently give the effort to get to a target. Intangibles: Took him some time to become a regular contributor despite his physical attributes. Puts effort in on the field now, however, gaining the respect of his teammates and coaches - and now looks to be ascending up draft boards in a similar way.

Moore taking Smiths spot has little to do with Moore being good.Moore just fits Smiths position.

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone please explain these things to me?

We cut a kicker whose specialty was to kick the ball deep enough to eliminate returns, so we can sign a kicker whose specialty is to kick the ball deep enough to eliminate returns, but we have to have several people whose entire existance depends on making tackles during these unreturnable kicks.

Are we going to punt on every possesion?

Archived