• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trans-Atlantic Flight Experiences

neverlosethefeeling

I've been across the Atlantic 5 times, and all I do is sleep. I instantly get tired. .

Funny, I'm the opposite. I flew to the West Coast probably 15 times when I worked at this one job. Never made it past 8 p.m. that first night. Never had a problem flying back, though I HAVE heard jet lag is worse for people going eastward. Just never seemed to work that way for me.

shop shop and shop...see if you can find a sale that will allow you to bump up into business class...your body will thank you forever! I can't sleep much more than a couple of minutes here and there on a plane, and I've got lots of body to fold up into that little space!! Been over a couple of times, and luckily I was able to find sales each time. One time I was in first class with all my inlaws in the back behind me...that was enjoyable!!!

Luftansa and Swissair were the best, USAirways the worst.

I can't sleep on planes, but before I had this ginormous flight from Jakarta to LA my co worker gave me half a Xanax and I slept comfortably for 6 hours of it.

I fly international all the time. I would say that USAirways is by far the worst. Their planes are older and are much less confortable than most. United is a little better, but beware....they codeshare flights all the time with US Airways, so you never know which airline you will actually be flying. However, if you are flying from Charlotte, it is almost worth they crap to go non-stop.

The foreign carriers are the best. Lufthansa is solid...never had a bad experience. Flew Virgin and Singapore Air a few times...they are out of this world.

Like many said, flights to London are usually only 6 - 6.5 hrs from Charlotte.

good luck

Archived