• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside Scouting Report: Quarterback Tony Pike

scpanther22

DB: I've got full confidence in Tony being able to lead an NFL team. The only thing I see standing in his way is if he'll get a chance and if the offensive scheme uses his talents to move the pocket and find open receivers. I could see Tony holding a clipboard for a couple of seasons and then being in position to make a move to a starter's role

http://car.scout.com/2/983493.html

I'm still a little pissed about this draft pick, but it was a sixth-round pick, so whatever.

I just don't get why the front office went quarterback-crazy when our starting quarterback (Moore) has looked worlds better than Delhomme of the last two years. I like the Clausen pick, and I recognize that it and the Pike pick were great values, but at the same time how many young quarterbacks are you going to keep? It's especially frustrating with the recent praise of Cantwell.

I'm still a little pissed about this draft pick, but it was a sixth-round pick, so whatever.

I just don't get why the front office went quarterback-crazy when our starting quarterback (Moore) has looked worlds better than Delhomme of the last two years. I like the Clausen pick, and I recognize that it and the Pike pick were great values, but at the same time how many young quarterbacks are you going to keep? It's especially frustrating with the recent praise of Cantwell.

I think the FO is worried about the little things Moore does that defenses might figure out when they have tape on him and can study...

I think the FO is worried about the little things Moore does that defenses might figure out when they have tape on him and can study...

Ive heard this before, but dont know what to make of it. Can you or someone else elaborate on this? Is he telegraphing plays or something?

Ive heard this before, but dont know what to make of it. Can you or someone else elaborate on this? Is he telegraphing plays or something?

I think what she might be trying to say is Matt Moore hasnt had a full season yet. Once he starts playing games the teams will have more tape on him and since the FO doesnt think as highly of him as we do that they know something about him that we dont. Not sure what that might be because I havent heard anything about such things.

I think that's fair and it's always good to have depth, but under Fox we had drafted, what, like two quarterbacks? At least in regards to the quarterback position, Fox has been very reactionary. Instead of bring in depth a couple years ago, the front office decides to draft 2.5 in one single draft, and that's after Moore looked damn good last year and Cantwell seems to be a promising "experiment." I can understand keeping our options open, but this is ridiculous. I wish they were that worried about the defensive line.

Archived