• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason offseason workout.

scpanther22

Kansas City had the youngest team for a few years think they won 5 games in 3 years. Wonder how often the youngest team finishes in the bottom 5 record-wise during the regular season. Either way, I hope the panthers don't end up like the chiefs :\.

Doing a quick Google search

Looking at the youngest teams from 2009, from 27th down I see the the Dolphins, Panthers, Colts, and Packers. The chiefs and bucs were also included.

It really matters where the age is distributed and how talented the young guys are. It's not like we're throwing mid and late round picks out there during their rookie seasons.

That is definitely a good side effect of the salary purge.

If you really look at it thought we aren't replacing all of those old starters with rookies. Our youngest and least experienced starter will be Sherrod Martin.

Probably not. I think it will be Brandon LaFell by mid-season.

Probably not. I think it will be Brandon LaFell by mid-season.

Yeah I forgot about him. It's hard to figure out who's going to start. LaFell even at this point is probably a better blocker than Jarrett which will get him on the field, if Jarrett doesn't improve much then LaFell won't have to work hard to replace him.

Those change of direction drills don't look like much, but if you've ever done them with a trainer like that, one after another, whew... He is in outstanding shape b/c you couldn't even really tell he was tired from the first to the last one. With most guys, you're legs give out, especially the quads after a few of those and the cuts get less explosive.

BTW, I agree about the squat machine - I would do squats everyday morning, noon, and night if I had one of those machines - till then, I just don't like doing them... That bar on the traps/neck/shoulders ain't cool.

And does anyone know what that first foot shuffle/high knee burst drill works on? I've never seen that before.

Those change of direction drills don't look like much, but if you've ever done them with a trainer like that, one after another, whew... He is in outstanding shape b/c you couldn't even really tell he was tired from the first to the last one. With most guys, you're legs give out, especially the quads after a few of those and the cuts get less explosive.

BTW, I agree about the squat machine - I would do squats everyday morning, noon, and night if I had one of those machines - till then, I just don't like doing them... That bar on the traps/neck/shoulders ain't cool.

And does anyone know what that first foot shuffle/high knee burst drill works on? I've never seen that before.

I could be wrong but I believe that is more of a mechanical drill.

I have see something very similar that is designed to drill in proper running mechanics whilst instilling leg drive in every stride.

Archived