• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any new cool droid apps out there?

thefuzz

I just got a Samsung, and wondering if there are any suggestions out there about what to pick up/download.

I read the other thread, it was just very long, and I figured it was time to start a fresh one.

Tips, apps, tricks are all appreaciated.

Google Translate is nice.

IMDb is a must have.

Google Voice. www.google.com/voice

ESPN ScoreCenter

As for games, I have SNESoid. Its a Super Nintendo emulator for Android. I also play Jewels a lot, its a freeware version of Bejeweled.

Pandora is a must have, its a great internet radio app.

Also, if you want to sync your phone with your comp I suggest getting DoubleTwist. www.doubletwist.com

Just get an I-touch. Same thing as an I-phone just no phone. I bought one because I am with Verizon, took 5 min to jailbreak and now I can download every app possible for free. Most of the time I am near a wi-fi source so no need for 3g or whatever. My current phone which is a env touch, sucks for an mp3 player or game phone. I will prob go droid if the I-phone is still not available for Verizon in the next year or so.

iPhone is the most trendy POS since.... trendy pieces of poo came into being... People just want them because of the brand..

You want something that will actually function reliably as a phone AND be capable of apps, get a Droid on the Verizon network...

I know several people that are very happy with their I-phone. I am very happy with my newly purchased I-touch. If and when Verizon goes with I-phone I will be buying one. Now as far as AT&T goes........ that's where I draw the line.

iPhone is the most trendy POS since.... trendy pieces of poo came into being... People just want them because of the brand..

You want something that will actually function reliably as a phone AND be capable of apps, get a Droid on the Verizon network...

I want an iPhone because I've tried just about every single major smartphone released in the past year or two and it's by far the best. Nothing comes close. I don't hate my Android phone, but the iPhone is better.

The experience with it is just better. Plus, I've already been a Mac user for like 6 years. No sync with Mac OS on Android phones = lame.. all that jazz.

Call me a trendwhore or whatever you want. I just prefer what's better to use. Not because something has .2 extra jiggle hurtz or a kickstand.

People want because it's trendy. People also call it a POS because it's trendy.

Just because a bunch of tools buy it doesn't magically make the phone turn into junk. Everybody at college buys a Mac even though they're twice as expensive and not really twice as good. It still doesn't mean the laptop isn't a quality product.

The only thing bad about the Iphone is AT&T and the lack of a keyboard. Apple is a solid company.

I have a Droid and I love it except for the lack of a video out. Other newer Android phones have it though.

Archived