• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

its fun to prove people wrong...2010 preview

89bottomline

Why does no one talk about how this team did against playoff caliber teams at the end of last year with basically the same or less personnel (minus Peppers)? Smith and DeAngelo were out. Gross and another lineman were out. Thomas Davis was out. The rookies were playing outstanding.

Sorry man, but this team with a QB that isnt a turnover machine has demonstrated to be upper eschelon in my mind. If the proof is in the pudding, look to how THAT team did rather than the one that started out last year.

THAT team, is still different than this one. We beat Saints back ups, lost to the Pats, beat a bad Giants team and a bad Bucs team, and took advantage of a Vikings team that picked a bad day to have a bad day.

I'm not knocking Moore. But you all act like we beat the four best teams in the league during his 4-1 stretch. He looked good, not great. THAT team looked good, not great. This team? We have no clue what they'll bring us: good, great, or a let down.

You can't base much of anything on this season on what we did during those last five games.

THAT team, is still different than this one. We beat Saints back ups, lost to the Pats, beat a bad Giants team and a bad Bucs team, and took advantage of a Vikings team that picked a bad day to have a bad day.

I'm not knocking Moore. But you all act like we beat the four best teams in the league during his 4-1 stretch. He looked good, not great. THAT team looked good, not great. This team? We have no clue what they'll bring us: good, great, or a let down.

You can't base much of anything on this season on what we did during those last five games.

I pointed out something similar in a thread a few weeks ago. We gave up 500 yards to Tampa and without 5 Ints and great heroics from our linebackers and secondary, we would have lost that game. We then gave up another 350 yards to New England in the loss. Meanwhile we score 16 points against Tampa and 10 versus New Orleans. Really the only 2 games where you coud say we got a complete effort was against the Giants and Minnesota. As you note the game against NO could have gone very differently if their starters had played. Truth is we could have just as easily been 2-3 during that stretch than 4-1.

Add all of the guys we lost and frankly this team and that team have little in common. Even with the easier schedule we will have our hands full this year. Folks who think we will easily make the playoffs this year are going to be very disappointed. If we make it, it will be as a wildcard and there are a bunch of teams who did a lot more to upgrade than we did.

Well, the realists were right last season. The homers were dead wrong (go ahead, blame Jake all you want, you were still wrong) and the pessimists once again overreacted like little sissy babies. I'm telling you right now, though not 100% factually accurate, this article is pretty much spot on.

The funny thing is that most of these "realist" are always talking negative and if you keep doing it at some point your gonna be right.

THis team is a far cry from the one that finished the season last year so there is no reason to believe that we will pick up where we left off. And it is possible that guys like Moore will struggle once opposing teams have more film on him. We all hope for the best but the reason most fans aren't talking about last year is that it will have little bearing on this year or this team.

And, we could just as easily pick up where we left off....that Moore will not struggle....etc

With so many unknowns on this team, the optimisim could be just as correct as your pessimism.

I think we will start out slow but end strong. Look how beat up the D-line was last year but still had very good results. Matt Moore had no problem finding Steve Smith last season despite a lack of a #2 and we will have a better stock of WR's this season.

People can complain about Fox all they want but he has a way of beating the odds. He hasn't had a double digit loss season yet and it won't happen this season either.

I think we will start out slow but end strong. Look how beat up the D-line was last year but still had very good results. Matt Moore had no problem finding Steve Smith last season despite a lack of a #2 and we will have a better stock of WR's this season.

People can complain about Fox all they want but he has a way of beating the odds. He hasn't had a double digit loss season yet and it won't happen this season either.

It'd be nice if we could have back to back winning seasons. I'm all for Moore, but he has his work cut out for him if DJ and Lafell don't step up.

THis team is a far cry from the one that finished the season last year so there is no reason to believe that we will pick up where we left off. And it is possible that guys like Moore will struggle once opposing teams have more film on him. We all hope for the best but the reason most fans aren't talking about last year is that it will have little bearing on this year or this team.

Say what you will about the change in personnel. I'm not looking for Moore to be a world-beater. I'm simply looking for him to be a caretaker. Having seen what I saw last year, I have no reason to believe otherwise. Also, with returning starters on the Oline and DWill as well as Smitty can only help.

What most impressed me about Moore is that he found the open guy as his play progressed.

You're so terribly confident that we dont do well this season. Feel MORE than free to re-visit this little chat if you have the guts by week 10.

Say what you will about the change in personnel. I'm not looking for Moore to be a world-beater. I'm simply looking for him to be a caretaker. Having seen what I saw last year, I have no reason to believe otherwise. Also, with returning starters on the Oline and DWill as well as Smitty can only help.

What most impressed me about Moore is that he found the open guy as his play progressed.

You're so terribly confident that we dont do well this season. Feel MORE than free to re-visit this little chat if you have the guts by week 10.

First of all Moore won't kill us or save it this year. He will be fine I believe which likely won't be enough. The defense is going to be the issue and the offense is going to have to put 24 points a game to outscore the other team. And that is the problem. A caretaker who doesn't lose games this year won't be enough to put us over the top. Moore is going to have to win games much like Jake did for years in the 4th quarter.

Do I think we won't do well? I am predicting 8-8 this year. If that is not doing well by your standards, then I am guilty as charged.

And honestly I didn't know it took guts to revisit a thread on the huddle. Exactly how much of a weany are you if you think that is hard. Now rappelling off a 100 ft tower takes some guts. Scuba diving 150 feet below the surface takes some guts. Yeah I do both.

Reading a thread on the huddle and admitting you are wrong???? Mere child's play. LOL

First of all Moore won't kill us or save it this year. He will be fine I believe which likely won't be enough. The defense is going to be the issue and the offense is going to have to put 24 points a game to outscore the other team. And that is the problem. A caretaker who doesn't lose games this year won't be enough to put us over the top. Moore is going to have to win games much like Jake did for years in the 4th quarter.

Do I think we won't do well? I am predicting 8-8 this year. If that is not doing well by your standards, then I am guilty as charged.

And honestly I didn't know it took guts to revisit a thread on the huddle. Exactly how much of a weany are you if you think that is hard. Now rappelling off a 100 ft tower takes some guts. Scuba diving 150 feet below the surface takes some guts. Yeah I do both.

Reading a thread on the huddle and admitting you are wrong???? Mere child's play. LOL

It's a simple, "we don't agree" and "the season as it plays out will prove me right" angle.

If you want to whip out dicks and see who has lived a life more on the edge, I'd be happy to compare events. Haven't been scuba diving, but rappelling isn't exactly what I'd call a true test of character and nerves. If you did it out of a helicopter in a fire zone then you'd be more likely win points. Otherwise, you come off as a petulant child.

It's a simple, "we don't agree" and "the season as it plays out will prove me right" angle.

If you want to whip out dicks and see who has lived a life more on the edge, I'd be happy to compare events. Haven't been scuba diving, but rappelling isn't exactly what I'd call a true test of character and nerves. If you did it out of a helicopter in a fire zone then you'd be more likely win points. Otherwise, you come off as a petulant child.

I don't see where I was comparing feats of prowess or comparing dick size. I was simply saying that your comment about being afraid to revisit a thread on the huddle was ridiculous and gave you some real world examples of something that could be considered more difficult.

You seem the one to doing exactly what you accuse me of. Really I don't care what you did or do at this point. But anyone who does dangerous work for a living will tell you that it isn't a test of character or nerves it a test of proficiency and preparation. Anything you do that is well within your skill level and experience may be risky to some but not to the properly prepared. Which is why a professional football players takes hits and performs feats that to the average person would be suicide.

I am a child and you are commenting that you want to see who lives more on the edge. The old classic my dad can beat up your dad scenario. And I am being childish??

I do both as well....and I am a Corporate Finance Weenie. What is your point?:D

Archived