• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

its fun to prove people wrong...2010 preview

89bottomline

He makes some good points and some of what he says is true. With an article that long you are going to be right some of the time. Still he is incorrect on several points. From the assumption that Clausen is the future to the fact that Brown will be the answer on defense. Potentially pivotal guys like Louis and Hardy aren't even mentioned and his belief that Beason moving to WIll is a problem belies an understanding of Connor's potential or the Will's importance in Meek's scheme.

HIs points about Richardson are right on, though. If the question of whether an owner is committed to winning is even asked, it is a huge problem.

sure he makes some good points but in another article he says the panthers should have gone after haynesworth. the writing was on the wall with haynesworth even before last season EVERYBODY and their momma KNEW haynesworth would revert back to being a problem and not playing to hid potential. everybody knows haynesworth was an average defensive tackle until a contract year in 2007 and 2008 which is the only time he played lights out. crap the panthers got rid of jenkins because of his attitude and haynesworth attitude is just like jenkins but on steroids.alot of people talki about john fox not being a good coach or whatever but go back to 2002 when he took over there are only a handful of teams in the entire nfl that has more wins than the panthers since john fox became our coach

He lost all credibility for me at the end of the article. He stated that Tank Tyler couldn't last in KC or Detroit. He never played for Detroit. Then he said that if we had enough confidence in Godfrey we wouldn't have traded for Chris Harris last year?! Godfrey was drafted to pair with Chris Harris, whom we already had on the roster for a full season before Godfrey got here.

funny when a huddler questions the owner commitment to winning he gets dragged threw the mud but a national writer/ and other media writers see the same thing. it's pretty hard for me to give a prediction this season but this was one of the better team break downs that i seen this off season......wasnt to fair of the deep end.

funny when a huddler questions the owner commitment to winning he gets dragged threw the mud but a national writer/ and other media writers see the same thing.

Isn't it though? :(

If everyone can give themselves pie why wouldn't they?

Are you refusing pie, even from yourself?

Sounds like a pie hater to me...

Dammit did I abuse the pie, I don't see the PIE button anymore...I beg forgiveness...come back to me

funny when a huddler questions the owner commitment to winning he gets dragged threw the mud but a national writer/ and other media writers see the same thing. it's pretty hard for me to give a prediction this season but this was one of the better team break downs that i seen this off season......wasnt to fair of the deep end.

When I think about questioning his desire to win I also think about all the glorious cap room we will have in 2011/2012. Instead of using the un-capped year to overspend on a bunch of FA's he's using the uncapped year to absorb all the penalties from dumping bad contracts which is actually pretty smart long term. If we have a good year this year then think about how beastly we would be with all that cap room in following years.

The only guys that we got rid of who will probably not be replaced are Peppers and Hoover. Harris and Lewis will be difficult to replace but not as hard as Hoov or Pep.

He dumped a lot of bad contracts but only a few of those were genuine budget/rebuilding cuts.

Archived