• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayden Christensen suing USA network over "Royal Pains"

Jangler

http://thresq.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/hayden-christensen-sues-usa-network-over-royal-pains.html

Hayden Christensen, Anakin Skywalker in the "Star Wars" prequels, is suing USA Network over "Royal Pains," saying the cable network ripped off his idea for a show about a concierge doctor in Malibu who makes house calls to the rich and famous.

The actor, along with his brother Tove and Forest Park Pictures, filed the lawsuit on Tuesday in New York District Court.

The brothers allegedly brought the idea for a concierge doctor show titled "Housecall" to USA and met with Alex Pepiol, who at the time was manager of original scripted series programming at the network. They say they also sent him materials including a treatment, character biographies and show ideas.

"It was understood that Plaintiffs were pitching those ideas with the object of persuading USA Network to purchase those ideas for commercial development, and/or to employ Plaintiffs in the production of those ideas," reads the complaint, adding the brothers were never told of a similar series in the works.

"Royal Pains" supposedly misappropriated characters, concept and story lines from the "Housecall" treatment.

The plaintiffs, represented by David Marek at Liddle & Robinson, aren't suing for copyright infringement, though.

Instead, they're following others who have found success in making idea theft claims by asserting breach of implied contract, unfair competition and unjust enrichment. Christensen is demanding profits received from the "Royal Pains" concept and damages "believed to be in the millions of dollars," according to the complaint.

If it's Hayden news, I gotcha covered.

I just watched SW:III again last night with the kids... it's a good thing he's getting into writing... I had forgotten how bad his acting was.

He can only work with what he is given...Lucas can't write dialogue to save his life.

Hayden is a decent actor. Look up a movie called 'Shattered Glass'.

He can only work with what he is given...Lucas can't write dialogue to save his life.

Hayden is a decent actor. Look up a movie called 'Shattered Glass'.

His best performance was Shattered Glass. He's got potential but a lot of his work has sucked. I thought he was way too up and down as Anakin.

I just watched SW:III again last night with the kids... it's a good thing he's getting into writing... I had forgotten how bad his acting was.

Of course, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher's acting in the first three wasn't exactly Oscar caliber. IMO, the only really good acting in the first three movies came from Harrison Ford. But most of the problems were with bad dialog. The story flowed better in the first three though.

Archived