• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rule 26-27-60 helps predict NFL quarterback success or failure

scpanther22

Hard to evaluate, yes. Impossible, hardly.

My system is not fail safe, but a much better indicator than what many of the teams use to select their "QB of the future".

1. Must start 3 years in college.

2. Must complete over 60% of their passes.

3. Have at least 2-1 TD to INT %.

4. Be somewhere between 6-2 and 6-6.

Too many people get enamored with arm strength and mobilty and forget that there are many other skills that a successful NFL QB has to have..on top of those.

This is what I posted a while ago as my measuring stick for picking a QB in the first two rounds...

That's a pretty good system. To me, the number of starts and the completion percentage is much more important than a wonderlic score anyway, because those numbers clearly show consistency over time, while the wonderlic is a one time thing that doesn't neccessarily even apply to football. I also like pro style college QB's over spread QB's, if everything else is fairly equal.

"Indicators" are generally obvious. You complete 60% of your passes? Great! That means that someone caught them and is in a position to score. Guess what, scoring wins games. Oh really, you have a good TD/INT ratio? That means you score more than you give the other team a chance to score? Amazing! You don't fumble the ball? OH MY GOD THIS IS ALL NEW AND AMAZING INFORMATION THAT IS NOT EASY TO EXTRAPOLATE ALREADY!

Seriously though.

That's a pretty good system. To me, the number of starts and the completion percentage is much more important than a wonderlic score anyway, because those numbers clearly show consistency over time, while the wonderlic is a one time thing that doesn't neccessarily even apply to football. I also like pro style college QB's over spread QB's, if everything else is fairly equal.

Yup.

IMO if you aren't able to win the starting job at your college until year 3 or 4, then you probably aren't good enough for me to give you 20 million dollars.

Teams that draft on potential and not substance are far more likely to fail.

Archived