• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rule 26-27-60 helps predict NFL quarterback success or failure

scpanther22

Call it the Rule of 26-27-60.

Here is the gist of it: If an NFL prospect scores at least a 26 on the Wonderlic test, starts at least 27 games in his college career and completes at least 60 percent of his passes, there's a good chance he will succeed at the NFL level.

Since 1998, these are some of the NFL quarterbacks who aced all three parts of the Rule of 26-27-60: Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Kyle Orton, Kevin Kolb, Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Stafford.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/07/08/qb.rule/index.html#ixzz0t8j9ATiZ

Hard to evaluate, yes. Impossible, hardly.

My system is not fail safe, but a much better indicator than what many of the teams use to select their "QB of the future".

1. Must start 3 years in college.

2. Must complete over 60% of their passes.

3. Have at least 2-1 TD to INT %.

4. Be somewhere between 6-2 and 6-6.

Too many people get enamored with arm strength and mobilty and forget that there are many other skills that a successful NFL QB has to have..on top of those.

This is what I posted a while ago as my measuring stick for picking a QB in the first two rounds...

Archived