• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WipeOut

PntherPryd

Lame ripoff of MXC/unbeatable banzuke/ninja warrior. The best thing about those shows is how serious the Japanese take it. The fact that they let you "wipe out" and keep going is retarded to me and I feel like a lot of times the contestants are taking dives on purpose. Jill is hot, but the commentary is annoying. I guess I'm just a negative Nancy.

Hey Panthro, what do you think of Jill?

I like the commentary...sure it is a bit corny at times but that is how it is supposed to be. I have always liked John Anderson and John Henson.

Another thing that it has going for it is that it is on during the summertime when most everything it is up against is a re-run.

Good for a mindless laugh and sometimes I need that.

Lame ripoff of MXC/unbeatable banzuke/ninja warrior. The best thing about those shows is how serious the Japanese take it. The fact that they let you "wipe out" and keep going is retarded to me and I feel like a lot of times the contestants are taking dives on purpose. Jill is hot, but the commentary is annoying. I guess I'm just a negative Nancy.

agree, it's just not as funny and the games aren't as good as MXC.

Lame ripoff of MXC/unbeatable banzuke/ninja warrior. The best thing about those shows is how serious the Japanese take it.

Agreed. It's still entertaining but MXC was better because they took it so seriously and the commentary was better imo.

agree, it's just not as funny and the games aren't as good as MXC.

That's because this is newer and in America so everything has to be lawsuit proof (hence more padding and safety). Some of the MXC events could result in painful injuries. One of the worst being the one where they run across the stones on the pond and some of were just floating and some were rigid. People would fly across, stumble on a floating one and then do a full tilt Rib-Plant on a rigid stone. I'm sure there were numerous cases of broken ribs and internal bleeding.

Also of note, I know a guy who was on this show. He's gay and dressed up like Tina Turner.

That's because this is newer and in America so everything has to be lawsuit proof (hence more padding and safety). Some of the MXC events could result in painful injuries. One of the worst being the one where they run across the stones on the pond and some of were just floating and some were rigid. People would fly across, stumble on a floating one and then do a full tilt Rib-Plant on a rigid stone. I'm sure there were numerous cases of broken ribs and internal bleeding.

Also of note, I know a guy who was on this show. He's gay and dressed up like Tina Turner.

my favorite was like that one, contestants running full steam through a series of walls that had 3 doors, two were paper mache, one was wood... you can imagine the hilarity.

Archived