• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

COD:MW2 - Barebones

Mattiekrome

Anyone still playing this game?

I got frustrated w/ BFBC2 a few nights ago, so I popped in my ol' dusty MW2 disc. Tried out the new barebones game mode, and I must say it has really renewed my interest in the game. It's nice to be able to spawn and not get insta-killed by a harrier or C130.

Eliminating the killstreak rewards stopped the nuke hunting, and I've noticed very few campers in the several games I played. I've also noticed a lot more teamwork, people actually try to acheive objectives instead of running around worried about K/D as much.

Of course, the commando perk, HBS, and noob tube are still an annoyance, but it's actually a tolerable game again.

MW2 is still a piece of poo. I only continue to play it because it remains the flavor of the month. Stupid poo like that video points out happens all the time. Infinity Ward created all this unnecessary stuff, went ridiculously overboard with it, skipped having a beta for it, and then let chaos ensue. Then even after tons of people complained (and still are) about blatant faults in the game, they don't even listen, but still manage time to make two more map packs.

The only thing that Barebones suggests to me, being that more people seem to like it, is that IW knows that the killstreaks in this game are retarded, and they shouldn't have made them so overpowered to begin with.

...I think it's pretty apparent I am looking/waiting for a new game, I could go on for days about this fuging game.

I don't find BFBC II all that fun to play, that's just me though

No, I'm with you. I bought BFBC II to replace MW2 and I liked it for about 3 weeks. There is just nothing particularly special about it. I got bored with it pretty quickly. And their downloadable content is a joke.

Bad Company is fun if you can find people to play with. Most people don't wear headsets when they play, which makes cooperation impossible; and cooperation is the whole point of BFBCII.

I also agree I've become pretty burned out on the BC maps. They definitely need more variety.

That being said, I generally get a lot less frustrated and enjoy playing alot more on Bad Company.

No, I'm with you. I bought BFBC II to replace MW2 and I liked it for about 3 weeks. There is just nothing particularly special about it. I got bored with it pretty quickly. And their downloadable content is a joke.

This. I bought it and had a great time with it for about 3 weeks and then it was boring. All the BF people complain about MW2 and how we pay for map packs that have old maps and all this crap but they bought a game that has 2 game types with 4 maps. I can only play the same game type on those 4 maps so many times before i lose my mind. Their map pack was the same maps that weren't added to the game type to start with. How is that anything new? At least in MW2 i can play a different game type when i get bored with one.

I'm not saying you shouldn't like MW2, I just think BFBCII is a lot more fun. I guess it's the fact that you can drive tanks, choppers, HUMVEE's, etc. and blow the poo out of buildings that makes it more fun to me. Not to mention I felt the classes were much more distinct and made team work more relevant. Also, the glitching got a little out of hand. Then again, maybe they fixed that poo...I haven't played it in 3 or 4 months at least.

This. I bought it and had a great time with it for about 3 weeks and then it was boring. All the BF people complain about MW2 and how we pay for map packs that have old maps and all this crap but they bought a game that has 2 game types with 4 maps. I can only play the same game type on those 4 maps so many times before i lose my mind. Their map pack was the same maps that weren't added to the game type to start with. How is that anything new? At least in MW2 i can play a different game type when i get bored with one.
What game types does MW2 have again? I can't remember, and I'm too lazy put the disc in and find out.

Too many, some unnecessary; TDM, SnD, Domination, Demolition, Sabotage, CTF, Headquarters, All the hardcore modes, FFA, the list goes on.

And i'm pretty sure there is still some hacking, just not as much as before. I was positive some dude was wall hacking the other day.

Archived