• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vine Ripened Tomatoes!

Jangler

I just picked my first tomato earlier. Got a lot of them but they are all green. I do have a poo haul of peppers - Hot Banana, Thai Red Hots and Habaneros. Probably pickle some of those this weekend. Also picked some fresh basil and thyme earlier. Still waiting on my sage and parsley.

I just picked my first tomato earlier. Got a lot of them but they are all green. I do have a poo haul of peppers - Hot Banana, Thai Red Hots and Habaneros. Probably pickle some of those this weekend. Also picked some fresh basil and thyme earlier. Still waiting on my sage and parsley.

I love habaneros. I meant to grow some this year, but for some reason I ended up grabbing a ton of cayenne peppers and then a few jalapeno. Is a Thai Red Hot just a basic chili pepper?

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I was raised and taught that after you go fishing and you've filleted your fish, bury the fish guts and skeletons in your garden if you want delicious maters!

Yep that, coffee grounds, and ashes from the grill.

If you've got a bumper crop of fresh herbs, get a couple of those ice trays that make the really small cubes. Chop the extra herbs and fill the trays with them halfway, then top off with water. Freeze 'em, then pop them into a ziploc bag and use them all through the winter.

Archived