• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DT Andre Neblett Ready to Buoy the Win Column

scpanther22

A starter at nose tackle in all 13 games, Neblett had 43 tackles and 9.5 TFL

“In college we ran the same defense that we are using right now in Carolina,” he said. “You need to pick up some of those things from college and use them in the nose tackle position here. It was definitely a plus for me going to work for the Carolina Panthers.”

http://car.scout.com/2/982306.html

I would love to see this kid make it, but I'm not counting on it. You never know though...he wouldn't be the first no name DT to make it here. Guys like Jordan Carstens and Tony Brown come to mind. Brown would still be here if the Panthers wouldn't have been loaded at DT back then.

I live in the middle of the MAC conference and went to Ball State who has had to face Temple a couple times. But throughout the year Temple had a really good d-line and always got a good pass rush against us just using their front four. Glad hes training camp fodder for the Panthers. Maybe he will end up on our PS but then again even if he plays well he may not i.e.Teddy Lehman last year.

"I know there isn't room for mistakes. I can just tell by the way john fox coaches,"

That sure does fly in the face of fans who don't think fox holds his players accountable.

Uh, he's a rookie. The knock on Fox is that he's been too loyal with veterans.

Obviously he's not going to go up to an undrafted rookie and be like, "HERE, HAVE THIS ROSTER SPOT."

If he doesn't make the active roster he at least will make the practice squad and give us a year to develop him and get him ready to play. We are very good at picking up players with potential at the bottom of the draft and with UDFAs.

true that, double true.

i'm always pleasantly surprised with the role players we pick up after the draft is over.

Archived