• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about your job?

ladypanther

I love my job. I work in Capture Management trying to win government contracts, and it's never the same. One day I'm working with Education, the next with the Treasury. It's challenging, it's the best of all fields of business, and (down the road) I get a commission!

I also love my boss. You gotta love a guy who when you ask, "what did you do for the 4th of July," he replies, "hookers and blow." But he's also a guy who's great at what he does, and I learn a lot from.

Lost my job of 3.5 years in Feb, so even if you hate your job, be glad you have one. I did IT/Tech Support for my company and they got bought out a year before I lost my job by an Indian company. They told me the first day they took over everyone in the office got paid too much. I asked for a raise after not having one in over a year and taking on a supervisor role, and they fired me. Even tried getting out of unemployment by saying I was insubordinate, even though there was nothing in writing or anything over my whole time at the job, they lost their hearing. To make it worse, I got my friend a job a year ago at my company and supervised him, and if I didn't get him the job, they probably couldn't afford to let me go, and now that guy doesn't even talk to me much, irony I tell ya.

But I liked my job, the job itself wasn't bad, the people I worked with got on my nerves though but it was OK. Pay was decent and I was great at it (sometimes too good I guess, I got complacent).

Wish me luck on finding a new home....

Archived