• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about your job?

ladypanther

I actually like and respect people, but working is retail has made me almost totally hate people and not respect them at the same time. Seriously, the customers make my skin crawl lol. Rude, dumb, ignore you when you greet them even though we are making eye contact, act as if you are invisible when you are trying to do your job and fug up your display when you just put the product out, don't say thank you, walk off when you are mid-sentence even though they just asked you a dumb question that you really shouldn't have to answer in the first place. My new favorite phrase has become "kill yourself". Oh, and i now feel that foodstamps should be outlawed.

Man, don't get me started. The six years I spent in retail (half of that in management) confirmed to me that 90-95% of people are assholes. I don't think I'll ever go back to retail if I can help it. Unless, of course, I open up the beer and wine store I dream about.

Currently I'm a content writer for a local e-commerce company. I'm pretty apathetic toward the work, as it's incredibly boring. The pay is also pretty bad. But, it's at least in my field, and jobs that have anything at all to do with writing are hard to come by, no matter what they pay. I'm sticking it out in hopes of finding something better down the line.

All you guys talking about what you do... I didn't list that before.

I'm a photogrammetrist... rep to someone who knows what that is without googling it.

I would have thought you were a photomammogramist.

warning-free-mammogram.jpg

All you guys talking about what you do... I didn't list that before.

I'm a photogrammetrist... rep to someone who knows what that is without googling it.

In my navy days as an Intelligence analyst, photogrametrics was part of using imagery to determine the size, volume, etc... of objects on the ground. Its one of the things I use to do back then. I assume what you are talking about is something similar to that.

In my navy days as an Intelligence analyst, photogrametrics was part of using imagery to determine the size, volume, etc... of objects on the ground. Its one of the things I use to do back in my navy days. I assume what you are talking about is something similar to that.

Rep to DD... yes, in our specific case we do aerial mapping/surveying... but there are other forms/uses of photogrammetry.

Archived