• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about your job?

ladypanther

I've been in my field for 3 years and am more qualified for my supervisor's job than he is despite him being in the field for 25 years. I like the work, but this selfish yes man I work for is making me desire employment elsewhere.

I work in the produce dept of a local grocery store in Rock Hill. It is not a hard job at all, but it is very difficult to work there. My boss is a nice guy and i like him as a guy-you-could-hang-out-with sort of deal, but he's lazy as poo and manipulates the schedule to his own advantage. He's the DM's gofer, so he's never here the beginning of the week--at other stores "straightening them out", and he's a deacon in his church so no working on Sundays. Ever. I'm constanly working closing shifts on weekends. I should be paid more considering how long I've worked there--since a senior in high school.

I actually like and respect people, but working is retail has made me almost totally hate people and not respect them at the same time. Seriously, the customers make my skin crawl lol. Rude, dumb, ignore you when you greet them even though we are making eye contact, act as if you are invisible when you are trying to do your job and fug up your display when you just put the product out, don't say thank you, walk off when you are mid-sentence even though they just asked you a dumb question that you really shouldn't have to answer in the first place. My new favorite phrase has become "kill yourself". Oh, and i now feel that foodstamps should be outlawed.

The soccer moms...good God.

Luckily, I am in school for my Associates in Radiography, to be a Rad Tech, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. But I have 2+ years of school left, and i definitely don't have 2+ more years of grocery store work in me. I will literally shoot myself in the meantime.

Real Estate.

Been in it for 7 years.

Been through some really good times and some really bad ones.

Dealing with customers can at times be extremely tough, and sometimes very very rewarding.

I woud not do anything else.

My hours are long, and there is no steady pay, nor benefits, and the market is down.

Again, I would not change for anything.

Real Estate.

Been in it for 7 years.

Been through some really good times and some really bad ones.

Dealing with customers can at times be extremely tough, and sometimes very very rewarding.

I woud not do anything else.

My hours are long, and there is no steady pay, nor benefits, and the market is down.

Again, I would not change for anything.

Real Estate sales has me interested in moving industries.

Archived