• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about your job?

ladypanther

I have no reason to complain whatsoever about my job. It was better when it was less people to herd I guess, but that's the price of success. My boss is fantastic and my coworkers are professional and competent. I work near the stadium so every day I am reminded that Football will be here soon.

I like the type of job I have, like the people I work with, benefits are ok, but I don't really like the work we're doing. Working with a 10 year old code base that's buggy as hell, written by retards and has no documentation is frustrating at best. We tell interviewees that we are in a car going down the road at 100mph trying to change the oil at the same time.

But it pays the bills.

I like it 85% of the time and think it's a pain in the ass the other 15%.

Competitive pay, potential for growth, good benefits, great 401k plus pension. The thing I love most is that I work 40 hours per week, never more, and I can decide what my tour of duty is as long as I cover the hours of 9:30-3:00. There's also flexibility in that I can work 4-10 hour days or work 5-9 hour days and have every other Friday off. Soon I'll be able to work from home and I get to do a lot of field work, so I get out of the office as well.

Yep I can't complain.

Archived