• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Flakes

Delhommey

How much of a zero do you have to be to just flake on people? No notice, no anything, just don't show.

I mean on things like one on one meetings and dinners, not just parties (parties are understandable, unless it’s a very good friend). How have you gotten this far in life?

And the funny thing is most of times with flakes THEY ARE THE ONE WHO SET UP THE MEETING/DINNER/HAPPY HOUR IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Like most people, flaking is the kiss of death for any type of relationship, business or casual, and the only flake permanently in my life is my sister, and as we live several thousand miles apart, I don’t have to put up with it that much. Still, it’s annoying as hell when it happens.

My ex-Fiancées (she wasn't "ex" at the time.) Sister would set up these dinner parties, where she would get together about 20+ people . She would do this about 4 times a year. Joanna knew some very wealth people. One woman is the publisher of "Carolina Bride" magazine.

We would go to Providence Café, or the Pewter Rose, etc. When it came time to pay, 1/2 of them only had credit cards and the other 1/2 only had "large bills". The restaurants didn't split up the bills because no one asked them to. Their friends didn't want it either, because no one wanted to pay for all the bottles of wine that were ordered. So the Fiancée "volunteered" me to pay for everything and they would pay me back. "Our friends are good for it." (Of course no one ever did.)

After the second time (I asked for separate checks) and still got stuck with 1/2 the meals! (Thanks to the fiancée volunteering me again!) I quit going. This pissed the fiancée off BIG TIME. F her!

How much of a zero do you have to be to just flake on people? No notice, no anything, just don't show.

I mean on things like one on one meetings and dinners, not just parties (parties are understandable, unless it’s a very good friend). How have you gotten this far in life?

And the funny thing is most of times with flakes THEY ARE THE ONE WHO SET UP THE MEETING/DINNER/HAPPY HOUR IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Like most people, flaking is the kiss of death for any type of relationship, business or casual, and the only flake permanently in my life is my sister, and as we live several thousand miles apart, I don’t have to put up with it that much. Still, it’s annoying as hell when it happens.

Some chick from Craigslist stand you up too??

My wifes friend consistently is hours late or a no show to things they plan - even if they plan it to happen in an hour.

She's an old HS friend that is going through the ringer currently and my wife does not want to really address it, but holy hell it gets on my last nerve. Punctuality and communication about wheres and whens are two of my pet peeves.

Archived