• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wade Fishing...

Zod

Yep, bulls, tigers, black tip, hammers. The bulls are mainly after the sea turtles. They can swim way upstream in the fresh water and cause some havoc.

I have watched enough documentaries on bull sharks to know that they will attack anything and are the most unpredictable sharks in the water and make up most shark attacks in that area.

Saw one where there was a scientist standing in the water of about 12-20 bull sharks swimming to prove that they are misunderstood and he was discussing how you can tell by their behavior when they will become aggressive, seconds later he was bit.

You go ahead and stand in water while reeling a a redfish that is sending out signs of distress to all sharks within a mile of you. Reel him in nice and close........I'll be the guy standing in the boat nice and dry while catching more fish.

Meh, shark attacks. More likely to be hit by lightning. TV has people paranoid. Used to dive out in the keys, saw sharks all the time. They are more scared of us than anything. Its the cuda you have to watch out for. Those jerks will race by and bite anything shiny on you.

Meh, shark attacks. More likely to be hit by lightning. TV has people paranoid. Used to dive out in the keys, saw sharks all the time. They are more scared of us than anything. Its the cuda you have to watch out for. Those jerks will race by and bite anything shiny on you.

Believe it is 30 times more likely to be struck by lightening but I also don't go outside with a metal pole in my hand when a lightening storm comes up ...

I have swam with Cudas before in Mexico while drunk on tequilla. I must have checked 20 times for anything shiney on me before jumping in off the side of the boat. Guy took us about 1/2 mile out beyond the breakers in a skiff and then had us jump in and told us to enjoy the swim to shore. Luckily I was one of the only men who didn't refuse a life jacket in order to look "macho". I knew I was hammered and didn't want to chance it..... about half way in I was taking my life jacket off to share with the guys who didn't grab one. Looking in the water and seeing a dozen or so Cuda about 5 feet from you with those teeth is very unerving. Awesome experience though.

Archived