• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wade Fishing...

Zod

Just got back from Tampa where I tried my hand at wade fishing for the first time. Great fun.

Wore some old tennis shoes and found a nice spot amongst the mangroves. Waded out about waist high with the bait bucket tied to me. Caught Pompano, Trout, Redfish, and nasty saltwater cats.

Had a couple of sharks swim within ten feet or so but they weren't very big.

Highly recommended for anyone without a boat.

No thanks.....too many creatures live in the mangroves for my liking to be wading around out there with what basically is a chum bucket attached to you. Especially since I think the Tampa area is chuk full of bullsharks isn't it? Sounds like a good time though. Nice assortment of fish.

It was safe. Other folks were there doing the same. One guy I talked to fished that place for years without incident. The sharks are not interested in you.

They might be interested in whats strapped to your waist though... Your just the collateral damage in the deal.

No thanks.....too many creatures live in the mangroves for my liking to be wading around out there with what basically is a chum bucket attached to you. Especially since I think the Tampa area is chuk full of bullsharks isn't it? Sounds like a good time though. Nice assortment of fish.

Yep, bulls, tigers, black tip, hammers. The bulls are mainly after the sea turtles. They can swim way upstream in the fresh water and cause some havoc.

They might be interested in whats strapped to your waist though... Your just the collateral damage in the deal.

Nah, just a bait bucket of live shrimp. No sharks interested. Its not like I had cut sardines on me.

Archived