• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beatles/Stones/U2

Matt Foley

When I was in high school, I this cactus in my room. I would water it every few days. I had it for years. It never did anything. Then when I started my Sr year in High school, I would get up and blast the Beatles:Back in the USSR and that catus grew, sprouted new chutes and even bloomed!

BEATLES: White Album "Back in the USSR"

Stones: "Gimme Shelter" (I'm not sure if they or Grand Funk did it first. I like both versions.)

U2: "I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (Kind of a metaphore for my life.)

This just isn't true. Songs from the same album may sound alike, but their sound has changed many times.

I'll admit the only songs I've heard by them are their more popular songs. And they are all VERY similar. The excessive guitar effects masking lackluster playing by The Edge combined with the vast overuse of reverb on Bono's vocals make for one heck of a diverse band. Not to mention the use of the same exact chord progression an infinite number of times.

I'll admit the only songs I've heard by them are their more popular songs. And they are all VERY similar. The excessive guitar effects masking lackluster playing by The Edge combined with the vast overuse of reverb on Bono's vocals make for one heck of a diverse band. Not to mention the use of the same exact chord progression an infinite number of times.

New Year's Day

In the Name of Love

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

One

Vertigo

Which of those songs sound like the other?

Archived