• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The new Spider Man is...

Mr. Scot

heath ledger was actually a good actor and could look the part..this guy looks like a dweeb and I think this is a horrible idea. why are they remaking this story again? o wait I know...$$$

peter parker is a dweeb.

He looks like a generic version of one of those dippoos from twilight

I think you've just hit on the reason he was cast (ugh).

Yeah, he could turn out good (Maguire did) but I'm not betting on it. Worse, the way things are these days, I have a feeling the next flick will be more like Emo Man than Spider Man.

The strangely logical choice of Andrew Garfield

The 26-year-old Garfield beat the fan favorite (“Percy Jackson and the Olympian’s” Logan Lerman), the emerging action star (“Terminator Salvation’s” Anton Yelchin), Hollywood’s dweeb du jour (“Kick-Ass’s” Aaron Johnson) and others.

The selection of the darkhorse Garfield is certainly a triumph for director Marc Webb (“(500) Days of Summer”) who has a sensibility that favors the emo and the introspective — the very skills Garfield brings.

But subtle sensitivity is beside the point for some skeptics, who have, among other things, raised concerns about Garfield's age. A 26-year-old playing a teenager, as Garfield will here, poses not simply a cosmetic issue but an acting one. No matter how young someone looks, an actor in his mid- to late 20s may simply have too much life experience to persuade an audience that he is on the cusp of adulthood.

And then there’s the question about whether Garfield can, as the expression goes in Hollywood, fill the suit. Few doubt that the actor will bring the vulnerability to the Peter Parker part of the role. But the question is whether he can bring the brio and swagger to the Spider-Man side. Good actors can star in all kinds of films, but superheroes demand a different quality: presence.

This...is gonna suck...big time :nonod:

This might be worse than Brandon Routh as Superman.

Archived