• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Question

JmyHny

That is good advice. Some folks only sign before they go out to the field unless it is their day to sign. You can get autographs at the end of each practice but there seems to a group of guys designated to sign autographs. Many are backups and guys you never heard.

It is a very good idea to bring your child with you as they definitely can get autographs you won't be able to get (like Steve Smith for example). You also need to be fine with many guys whose autographs you want simply breezing bye and not even looking your way. If you want to get a certain guy you need to expect to go to several practices where your chances would be better.

When you go to the practice field the players come out of the buildings on the far right( facing the field coming through the gate). Many players are on the field 25 minutes before practice so for a 9AM practice you should be waiting for players no later than 8:30AM preferably 45 minutes ahead. If you line up for autographs the closer you are to the end of the fencing, the more likelihood of getting autographs particularly after practice. Many players sign 30 or 40 items then go in.

Many players aren't wearing their uniform jerseys so unless you know what they look like they will walk past you. Some guys who stop are more likely to sign something if you are wearing their college shirt than from the Panthers. In other words if you want Jonathan Stewart to sign for you, wearing a U of Oregon shirt might help.

It really is a crap shoot and like SLJ said, if you really want an autograph just buy it on E-Bay or go to one of the signings at various restaurants, grand openings, etc.

Also note that during practice many guys line up to secure an autograph spot and stand there the whole practice. Problem is that where they line up is very far from most of practice and you can't see squat. If you wander over late, they are pretty nasty and rude feeling like they camped out and deserve that spot.

Personally I go to practice watch everything and go with my son over to the autographs late. He loves to play on the hill and participate in all the games. He also signs up to a Panthers pal every time but hasn't been lucky enough to get picked yet. I let him get all the autographs which makes him feel great when he knows he can get autographs I can't. We go to the Beacon afterwards and it is all good.

Good point I missed, definately stand behind a kid.

Archived