• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards making transition smoothly

scpanther22

Thomas Davis is a starting every down LB. Everette Brown is a backup only used on 3rd downs. TD was a top 15 talent while Brown was a 2nd round talent that we traded a 1st for. Let me know where the simlilarities are and get back to me.

Did Thomas Davis look like a starting every down LB in his first season?

Nope.

In fact, he was a developmental player just like Armanti Edwards who you are calling a mistake.

Armanti Edwards just like Brown was drafted to play in a limited role but as a slot receiver. Whats even worse is he has never even played WR before. That is why I am making the comparison. Just because a guy is athletic doesnt mean you can play him at any position and think he'll be good at it.

Thomas Davis is a starting every down LB. Everette Brown is a backup only used on 3rd downs. TD was a top 15 talent while Brown was a 2nd round talent that we traded a 1st for. Let me know where the simlilarities are and get back to me.

You Know Thomas Davis played saftey in college right? You dumb mutherf**ker...

You Know Thomas Davis played saftey in college right? You dumb mutherf**ker...

Yes I know that nimrod. And your point? You do know they started him at safety his rookie year then switched him LB which is why he got very little playing time his rookie year right dipshit?

So by your standards Darrius Heyward-Bey was a great pick at #7 over-all becuase he started every game last year.

No, Hayward Bay was a 2nd round talent that the raiders reached for just like the panthers did with Brown. Im glad you brought up the comparison though because they are quite identical.

also by your standards ryan leaf was a better pick in the begining than brett favre.

Because leaf started some games early on and the team that drafted favre traded him because they didn't even want him.

Steve smith was also a busted draft pick compared to the pick of roy williams.

The list goes on and on. What you are saying is stupid. Shut up.

huh?????

Yes I know that nimrod. And your point? You do know they started him at safety his rookie year then switched him LB which is why he got very little playing time his rookie year right dipshit?

so would he be a dipshit if the same thing happens to edwards and he turns out to be the next steve smith?

dude, i understand you are not that high on the players, but it's TOO EARLY TO TELL IF THEY WILL SUCK OR NOT

^^this is the point you fail to realize

So then why can Thomas Davis be a 3 down linebacker and Armanti Edwards not be a Wide Reciever? They both changed positions when they entered the NFL.

Your basically screwing yourself with these arguments. If Amranti Edwards and Everette Brown have great careers you look like a whiney bitch but if they underachieve then your team will be hurt as a result. Its lose lose for you.

This guy is a complete moron. Yes, Brown was only a 3rd down pass-rusher in his FIRST SEASON. That does not mean that that will be his role for the rest of his life. He is clearly progressing and should be ready to be an every-down DE sometime soon. He has a ton of upside and, if Coach Baker does a good job, we could have one of the most promising young DE's in the league. You can't possibly say that we "gave up too much for him" based on his first season in the league.

Why do ya'll gang up and name call people you don't agree with like little kids.

Panther Bob didn't say they would be busts. I do think Brown and Edwards will have good years. Edwards just needs to do something anything this year. Whatever he does in the KR/PR game is better then this team has done in years. If he can play Wildcat he's this teams Mike Vick with the history of dog murder. Brown had to split time with "Big Baby" Peppers. He still showed a good motor and pushed the QB into atleast three sacks for Pep that I saw.

I'm an Armanti fan, without a doubt. He was phenomenal to watch in college. But right now, he is an unknown at the pro level -- hasn't taken a real gametime snap yet. And we might not know what we have in him until late this year or even next. It's too early, way too early to be crowning anyone with "heir apparent" titles.

It's also too early to be regretting the trade of a draft pick next year. Once again, he hasn't been on the field. He might pick up 80 yards and a touchdown on opening day. He might pick up 75 return yards as well. We just don't know.

Heck, something weird could happen and he could be under center by the second week. He could also be on IR before the end of training camp.

No use getting in each others grills yet about him. Since he's on our favorite team, though, how about we all hope he ends up being the steal of this year's draft.

I'm an Armanti fan, without a doubt. He was phenomenal to watch in college. But right now, he is an unknown at the pro level -- hasn't taken a real gametime snap yet. And we might not know what we have in him until late this year or even next. It's too early, way too early to be crowning anyone with "heir apparent" titles.

It's also too early to be regretting the trade of a draft pick next year. Once again, he hasn't been on the field. He might pick up 80 yards and a touchdown on opening day. He might pick up 75 return yards as well. We just don't know.

Heck, something weird could happen and he could be under center by the second week. He could also be on IR before the end of training camp.

No use getting in each others grills yet about him. Since he's on our favorite team, though, how about we all hope he ends up being the steal of this year's draft.

you basically said what i wanted to say, only more eloquently

Lets discuss a few things about Brown. He was picked up with our 2010 first round pick not the 2009 first round pick so for those saying he isn't worth a number 17th pick, the clock hasn't begun winding yet. Everything he did last year was icing on the cake and actually cost us nothing since we using a future pick. At the end of this year if he does nothing then you can at least make a comment. But also note that there are very few 1st round draft picks who break out in their rookie season. Chris Long who was the number 2 draft pick in 2008 started all 16 games in 2008 and had 40 tackles and 4 sacks. His sophomore year he played in 16 games but only started 4 of them. His numbers were 43 tackles and 5 sacks.

Brown meanwhile played in 15 games, started 1 had 22 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Pretty good numbers for a guy who cost us nothing in 2009, draft pick wise. And he was a ton cheaper than Chris Long was as well. He is very likely to be able to meet Long's numbers of 43 tackles and 4 or 5 sacks in his second year.

Brown can't be a bust since he cost us a 2010 pick not a 2009 one. Lets see is he is still a situational pass rusher or starts more often. In any case with our rotation he will play in every game and have the chance to contribute very well all year. The same is true of Edwards as well. Anything we get out of him this year will be a bonus since he cost a 2011 second rounder and nothing in 2010.

Archived