• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards making transition smoothly

scpanther22

Some of you obviously can't read so I won't bother to repeat myself

In one of the more ignorant posts I have read on this board recently, you said:

Armanti Edwards has Everrette Brown written all over him. He'll show a flash or two but will prove not to be worth what we gave up for him. Hopefully Hurney will be able to keep his d#ck in his pants from now on and will be able to resist the urge to trade away future high draft picks for project players.

-Everette Brown has played only one season in the NFL. That means it is entirely too early to pass any judgment on him and whether or not he was worth what we gave up to get him.

-In his one season, he played as a rotational pass rusher, did a good job when given the chance, and visibly improved throughout the season.

-He did not start because a. He was a rookie b. He had three very good DE's ahead of him and c. He wasn't drafted to start as a rookie, he was drafted to solidify our DE group for the future with the very real possibility that Peppers would be leaving.

-Armanti Edwards hasn't even played one snap in the NFL, so you have literally no grounds whatsoever to judge him or what we gave up to draft him.

-Yes, Edwards is a project player, but he is also a freak athlete and all signs have pointed to him developing at a rapid rate. He will probably only see a little bit of time as a returner and in four WR sets this year unless someone is injured. However, there's no reason to think that he can't be a dangerous playmaker as soon as his 2nd season.

-The major point is, you can't truly judge a player or determine whether or not he is a "bust" until he has played at least 2-3 seasons in the league. I predict that by EB's third season he will be a full-time starter and one of the best pass rushers in the NFC South. I also predict that when Steve Smith retires, Armanti Edwards will be his heir.

armanti edwards has everrette brown written all over him. He'll show a flash or two but will prove not to be worth what we gave up for him. Hopefully hurney will be able to keep his d#ck in his pants from now on and will be able to resist the urge to trade away future high draft picks for project players.

shut the fug up, can somebody ban this dumbass?

-Everette Brown has played only one season in the NFL. That means it is entirely too early to pass any judgment on him and whether or not he was worth what we gave up to get him.

-In his one season, he played as a rotational pass rusher, did a good job when given the chance, and visibly improved throughout the season.

-He did not start because a. He was a rookie b. He had three very good DE's ahead of him and c. He wasn't drafted to start as a rookie, he was drafted to solidify our DE group for the future with the very real possibility that Peppers would be leaving.

-Armanti Edwards hasn't even played one snap in the NFL, so you have literally no grounds whatsoever to judge him or what we gave up to draft him.

-Yes, Edwards is a project player, but he is also a freak athlete and all signs have pointed to him developing at a rapid rate. He will probably only see a little bit of time as a returner and in four WR sets this year unless someone is injured. However, there's no reason to think that he can't be a dangerous playmaker as soon as his 2nd season.

-The major point is, you can't truly judge a player or determine whether or not he is a "bust" until he has played at least 2-3 seasons in the league. I predict that by EB's third season he will be a full-time starter and one of the best pass rushers in the NFC South. I also predict that when Steve Smith retires, Armanti Edwards will be his heir.

YOU are right on the money!;)

Obviously you were one of those people I was referring to who doesnt know how to read. Never said Brown was a bust or that he was even a bad player. But there is no way you can justify giving up a 1st round pick (17th overall) for a guy that only plays on 3rd down. Last time I checked he still has not earned a starting job and it could be a long time before he ever does. So no it really isnt too early judge wether he was worthy of the compensation when he is still playing the same role. Armanti Edwards just like Brown was drafted to play in a limited role but as a slot receiver. Whats even worse is he has never even played WR before. That is why I am making the comparison. Just because a guy is athletic doesnt mean you can play him at any position and think he'll be good at it.

Speaking of ignorant comments wow! We just traded a 2nd round pick for a QB who has never played WR before and you are predicting him to be a #1 receiver already? We dont even know if he can play in the slot let alone be a starting calibre WR. WAY too early to make such a silly prediction.

Thomas Davis is a starting every down LB. Everette Brown is a backup only used on 3rd downs. TD was a top 15 talent while Brown was a 2nd round talent that we traded a 1st for. Let me know where the simlilarities are and get back to me.

Thomas Davis is a starting every down LB. Everette Brown is a backup only used on 3rd downs. TD was a top 15 talent while Brown was a 2nd round talent that we traded a 1st for. Let me know where the simlilarities are and get back to me.

ok i'm going to spell this out for you because you just don't seem to get it:

IT IS TOO EARLY TO CALL EVERETTE BROWN A BUST. HE HAS ONLY PLAYED ONE(1) YEAR IN THE LEAGUE. Get what we are saying? For all we know you could be right... in 2 years. But as of now, you sound ignorant. Was the first round pick too much to give up for him? possibly. we won't know for at least 2 more years though. Brown has that crazy little intangible called "Potential" that many people get drafted very highly for having. The Golden Calf of Bristol comes to mind, as does Mike Vick and Chris Gamble even. They are drafted high, not because they will come in and start and be a beast immediately, but because they have the "potential" to be great.

By your standards, Thomas Davis would have been a bust too. his first year he was a safety, they then converted him to LB where he struggled his first year, then started getting the hang of it the following years. he has turned into a beast when his ACL decides it wants to hold on to his body, and was worth the pick NOW, but by your standards, he would have been a bust after one year. you just can't jump to that conclusion this early.

So by your standards Darrius Heyward-Bey was a great pick at #7 over-all becuase he started every game last year.

Also by your standards Ryan Leaf was a better pick in the begining than Brett Favre.

Because Leaf started some games early on and the team that drafted Favre traded him because they didn't even want him.

Steve Smith was also a busted draft pick compared to the pick of Roy Williams.

The list goes on and on. What you are saying is stupid. Shut up.

Archived