• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards making transition smoothly

scpanther22

That’s not the only thing Edwards has on his side. There is even a chance Edwards will be the next Panther to sign a contract since Carolina recently signed fourth-round pick Eric Norwood, who was a star defender at South Carolina. As of now, Carolina’s only unsigned draft picks are Edwards and fellow third-rounder Brandon LaFell of LSU, and second-round pick Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame.

“My agent is working on it,” Edwards said. “So, maybe in the next couple of weeks, we will have something worked out.”

http://www.indexjournal.com/articles/2010/06/24/sports/c062510%20edwards.txt

According to the Carolina Panthers’ website, Armanti Edwards earned an Appalachian State University degree in graphic arts and imaging technology.

Already equipped with a flair for design, Edwards’ studies now lead down his most challenging road yet — making the transition from college quarterback to NFL receiver.

Awesome lead.

Armanti Edwards has Everrette Brown written all over him. He'll show a flash or two but will prove not to be worth what we gave up for him. Hopefully Hurney will be able to keep his d#ck in his pants from now on and will be able to resist the urge to trade away future high draft picks for project players.

Armanti Edwards has Everrette Brown written all over him. He'll show a flash or two but will prove not to be worth what we gave up for him. Hopefully Hurney will be able to keep his d#ck in his pants from now on and will be able to resist the urge to trade away future high draft picks for project players.

If this is how you feel, you might want to avoid the thread about players fellow posters think are poised for breakout seasons.

i can see where you are coming from, and as of now, it has to be proven on the feild. but really, i think that Edwards is just a great athlete who could probably play any position on any sport that he is the right size for.

also, i know that being a rookie, he will mainly play the slot, but i hope we send him deep alot,opening up smitty in the slot position.

I am also excited that the panthers are using a slot receiver.

Everette Brown played one season as a situational pass rusher and didn't have like 16 sacks five FFs and three defensive TDs. BUST.

Didnt say he was a bust. I said he wasnt worth what we gave up for him. Giving up a 1st for a situational pass rusher is insane.

He's not even a starter for crying out loud! He wont ever put up big numbers. He may be a solid player but not worth the 17th pick in the draft.

How do you know he won't start this year? The depth chart is not even close to being set yet, and even if Brown doesn't start, that could just mean that Charles Johnson is getting better and better, or that Greg Hardy was a steal. Either way, we will have good depth at the DE position.

BTW, John Abraham only plays a limited number of snaps, but he is still more effective than a lot of recent first round DE's have been.

I see Armanti Edwards being what Reggie Bush was supposed to be.

How do you know he won't start this year? The depth chart is not even close to being set yet, and even if Brown doesn't start, that could just mean that Charles Johnson is getting better and better, or that Greg Hardy was a steal. Either way, we will have good depth at the DE position.

BTW, John Abraham only plays a limited number of snaps, but he is still more effective than a lot of recent first round DE's have been.

Because Fox said when Brayton was resigned that his role would still be the same. That means he's still a starter along with Charles Johnson now.

Archived