• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cherry cobbler

cookinbrak

I made some cherry jam yesterday, and had some cherries left over. So today, I made a cherry cobbler. Still had about 25 cherries left, so I tried to make some sort of topping. Cut them in half, but them in a ziploc bag with about a 1/4 cup of rum. When the cobbler was done, mixed some of the rum/cherry stuff with a little of the jam, warmed it up, and poured it over vanilla ice cream.

Holy crap, it's good.

vommit....

hate cherry cobbler...

let talk Apple and Bryers Icecream

Oh man I love cherry cobbler!!!

Here's something for you though....

smuckers+apple+cinnamon.jpg

This poo is good!!! And Plain ol'Bryers Vanilla! :party: But get it at Wal-Mart it's only $1, at Harris Teeter it's $2.49!!!

Oh man I love cherry cobbler!!!

Here's something for you though....

smuckers+apple+cinnamon.jpg

This poo is good!!! And Plain ol'Bryers Vanilla! :party: But get it at Wal-Mart it's only $1, at Harris Teeter it's $2.49!!!

It cost me more than $1.50 to drive back and forth to Walmart. lol

What I made wasn't a traditional "cobbler" that I'm used to, but it was damn good. (Actually, the cobbler I'm used to is more of a pie)

Preheat oven to 350. But a stick of butter in a 13 X 9 pan and stick in oven to melt.

Mix 1 1/4 cup self rising flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. (recipe said 1 cup flour, but batter was very liquid, so I added a bit)

Remove pan from oven after butter melts. Pour batter over butter, do not stir.

Mix 2.5-3 cups of berries with 3/4 cup sugar and a tablespoon of flour. distribute over batter, do not stir.

Bake 50-60 minutes, check with toothpick.

As the batter bakes, it rises up around the berries. Some of the sugar sticks to the batter and caramelizes on top.

Archived