• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long does a background check take?

methodtoll

So last week I went through a temp agency to get this job with Verizon and was offered a position with a starting date of 6/28. They asked me to fill out the typical pre-employment paperwork and then they will conduct a background check. A week has gone by and I e-mailed the temp agency but they said they will have the background completed with results by wednesday evening.

First off, does a background check usually take a week and a half to conduct?

2nd, should they had given me a start date even though they didn't start me today?

So last week I went through a temp agency to get this job with Verizon and was offered a position with a starting date of 6/28. They asked me to fill out the typical pre-employment paperwork and then they will conduct a background check. A week has gone by and I e-mailed the temp agency but they said they will have the background completed with results by wednesday evening.

2nd, should they had given me a start date even though they didn't start me today?

depends on how they do the background check. Sometimes they call people, sometimes they don't. when I was hired, and my situation is prob more delicate then yours, they called every reference and did a thorough background check which took about 2 weeks. actually now that I thought about it it was a lil bit longer then that but basically, it just all depends on how they do the check.

It usually takes a week maybe 2 max.

I passed my drug test and background check in 2 days.

I used to work for Sperion Atlantic ( A temp agency) Depending on who they used at the time, it may take a week, but usually about 3 days. (Depends on how far back they go and if they request a financial search as well.) They give starting dates all the time. There may have been something that showed up in your check and they asked for a clarification. I have seen them transpose SS#'s then have to redu them again. Typically once they have the back ground done, they will send the employee packet minus the background check to the employeer for his/her review. That may take as long as it takes.

Archived