• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To the cat that got away....

Zod

You bastard.

I cut a tasty 4 inch perch for you, just the right size, just how you like them. I weigh him down with a 2 ounce weight and toss him out with a large hook. I wait.

You come along and take the perch while just about dragging my rod and reel in the water with you. You fight like hell for about a minute, bending the pole in half. Just when I think I have you a little tired out, you snap the line.

You will be caught my friend. Oh yes, you will be caught. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon you will be battered and fried.

Love,

Zod

For those BIG cats you want at least 20lb test.

And a bigger bait. You'll catch catfish faster using 4 inch cut, but if you double that, you increase your chances of catching a lunker.

People always look at me crazy when I hook a live bream about the size of my hand and lob it out. But if they ever see what I catch once in awhile, they'll see why I do it.

My trees are covered in catalpa worms.

Never eat a channel catfish. Now blues and flatheads on the other hand taste wonderful. Well, I've never eaten a flattie, but I hear they taste good.

Little known fact about blues and flatties is they prefer live food, and current, whereas channels eat just about anything and inhabit backwater coves where the water tends to stagnate.

Channel catfish taste like mud, but blues taste like some kind of awesome combo of chicken/pork/fish. I'll tear a blue up. You couldn't pay me to eat a channel that isn't farm raised.

Never eat a channel catfish. Now blues and flatheads on the other hand taste wonderful. Well, I've never eaten a flattie, but I hear they taste good.

Little known fact about blues and flatties is they prefer live food, and current, whereas channels eat just about anything and inhabit backwater coves where the water tends to stagnate.

Channel catfish taste like mud, but blues taste like some kind of awesome combo of chicken/pork/fish. I'll tear a blue up. You couldn't pay me to eat a channel that isn't farm raised.

Yep.

In my old age I'm almost exclusively C&R these days, but used to chuck stinky stuff for channels. Oily stinky fish cutbait. Livers in nylons. You name it.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting ol' blue, but I've mastered the disaster that is the flat.

Hey Zod, my faves for cats

Fireline

berkley_fireline.jpg

With a Palomar knot

palomar_knot.jpg

Archived