• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To the cat that got away....

Zod

You bastard.

I cut a tasty 4 inch perch for you, just the right size, just how you like them. I weigh him down with a 2 ounce weight and toss him out with a large hook. I wait.

You come along and take the perch while just about dragging my rod and reel in the water with you. You fight like hell for about a minute, bending the pole in half. Just when I think I have you a little tired out, you snap the line.

You will be caught my friend. Oh yes, you will be caught. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon you will be battered and fried.

Love,

Zod

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for ya, but it ain't gonna be easy... Bad fish. It's not like going down to pond chasin' blue gills or tommy cots. This perch - swallow ya hole. L'il shakin', l'il tenderizin', down ya go. Now we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back the tourists, that'll put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant! I value my neck a lot more than 3000 bucks chief! I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him... and kill him... for ten! Now you gotta make up your minds. Gonna stay alive and ante up? Or ya wanna play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers; I don't want no mates. There's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Zod, Great story about the one that got away and all but.....

I need to borrow your boat this coming weekend. Wife and kids are going to NJ for a couple of weeks and I need to borrow it to take some friends out on the lake for the 4th of July weekend. I promise to wipe everything down when I am done with it. Tell your kids that I am sorry the boat will not be available for family time and fishing this weekend because Uncle JRock needs to use it for something more rewarding. Thanks!

XOXO,

J Rock

Zod, Great story about the one that got away and all but.....

I need to borrow your boat this coming weekend. Wife and kids are going to NJ for a couple of weeks and I need to borrow it to take some friends out on the lake for the 4th of July weekend. I promise to wipe everything down when I am done with it. Tell your kids that I am sorry the boat will not be available for family time and fishing this weekend because Uncle JRock needs to use it for something more rewarding. Thanks!

XOXO,

J Rock

Dude, we are going to OWN the lake, bro. Can't wait! I had my dingaling sling dry-cleaned.

Archived