• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fugging heatwave

Dpantherman

Yeah, last June I remember how cool it was all month... this June, the air was out at our office for almost a week and the air at my house has been out for most of last week... we just got it all fixed/replaced last week. It is miserable without air upstairs in 95 degrees with 75% humidity. No amount of fans can compensate...

Last summer wasn't too terrible. We did a LOT of yard work in June so I remember it being low 80's. I've lived here my whole life and I think these temps are unusually high for June.

are you using miracle grow at all cat?

I was. I stopped though kinda concerned it was hurting more than helping. I'm going to just stick with watering for a while if they keep looking like poo then I might start using miracle grow again.

Last summer wasn't too terrible. We did a LOT of yard work in June so I remember it being low 80's. I've lived here my whole life and I think these temps are unusually high for June.

Yes, it is unusually hot for June... last year was unusually cool in June. I don't even think it was this hot that much in July last year, which is generally when it gets this hot.

The temp is a bit above normal, but I don't ever remember it being this humid this early in the summer.

at least most of you have AC! my house is a friggen sauna at night....I haven't slept worth a crap lately

idk what we would do w/o our window units. the apartment came w/ 1 window unit and no central air. we got our own 2 and don't even use the one that came w/ the apartment bc its garbage

Yes, it's fuggin' hot. I'm leaving for Maine on Tuesday for a week to get away from this insanity. Upper 70's for the high and mid 50's for the low? Yes, please!

Can't wait to move to the mountains and get a little closer to a normal climate.

(I'm a bitter ex-yankee who misses snow :()

we've discussed getting ac here...and yes...it gets hot enough in Canada for it...before anyone asks!!! Problem is, usually it's only really hot enough a few days here and a few days there and it makes me wonder if it's worth spending the cash! That being said, with poorly insulated vaulted ceilings...my upstairs, where the bedrooms are...get might fricken uncomfortable at night!

we've discussed getting ac here...and yes...it gets hot enough in Canada for it...before anyone asks!!! Problem is, usually it's only really hot enough a few days here and a few days there and it makes me wonder if it's worth spending the cash! That being said, with poorly insulated vaulted ceilings...my upstairs, where the bedrooms are...get might fricken uncomfortable at night!

How many times have I told you that 50*F is not "hot" Hawk... :rolleyes:

im in ATL right now so stop bitching.

Yeah, I know for a fact that it's hotter there than here... at least we have a sea breeze...

I spent a summer in Rome, GA when I was in college... hottest place on earth IMO. Thunderstorm at 4PM sharp everyday but no breeze or wind at any other time during the day, ever.

This is as hot as I ever remember a June, and I have been here most of my life.

As for Hawk, run to the nearest Wal-Mart and grab a window unit for your bedroom, they are as little as $150, and you can take it down in the Winter.

My garden is absolutely cooked, and the Maters certainly aren't putting out.

Archived