• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New MW2 playlist - barebones

Zaximus

Last night they added two new playlists, Objective Barebones Pro and Barebones Pro. These have no killstreaks. Objective is like mosh pit with game modes and barebones pro has TDM/FFA that rotate (easily to vote out FFA if the room wants too). The TDM/FFA is 8 person max, 4v4. Party chat is allowed too.

I played a bit last night in TDM/FFA and it was nice without killstreaks. More quiet and strategic. Actually used a SMG and had a lot of battles with others using SMG's, nice change of pace. You can easily hear commando's running like tards without aircraft in the air. Also, less spawn dieing to air support is nice, and overall seems to be better spawns.

Going to play more of this tonight I think but it could be a nice alternative to all the kids in the main rooms. No more chopper gunner care package crap and things like that either.

After playing this a few days, I definitely LOVE it, but there's issues.

1) FFA should be removed or added as its own playlist. People are boosting with ease right now in barebones pro. You can join with a PARTY of up to 8 and get FFA matches and have the room to yourselves. Usually with 4-5 you can have a room to yourself. I've caught multiple boosters so far when it's FFA.

2) There's match making issues. We had a team of 4 last night in my party and when the game mode to be played is TDM, NO one will join and fill up the next team. You HAVE to skip to FFA and get it going and HOPE people join, finish the game, and are around for the next time TDM shows up, which is 50/50 chance.

So in conclusion, their idea was good, but they failed (IW, big surprise). This can easily be fixed though with the removal of FFA and keeping it strictly TDM and fixing the match making (which I think is a product of FFA/TDM switching back and forth).

When it works though, seldom, its really fun without KSs. Shows you who is really good at shooting.

Archived